Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire off M1

Options
  • 10-10-2010 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Anyone know what was on fire at the Donabate turnoff of the M1?
    Look pretty big.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Looked like a huge bonfire, it was dome shaped. But I don't think anyone would get away with building a bonfire that big there so I'm not sure what it was!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Fire brigade there now. Just passed it on my way home. Can still smell it in Swords village.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

still going, can be smelled from Blanchardstown thanks to the easterly wind

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

There was still smoke coming off it as I cycled past at 7 o'clock this morning. It looked like it was in the middle of a wooded area, a short distance away from the south-bound entry slip road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Traffic watch on the radio was saying it this morning too, big fire of the M near Dryham, causing low visibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Hay fire. Being allowed to burn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

That fire was alight again last night at 10pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

still going this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

It will probably burn for another day or so.

Advertisement