Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant use steering wheel.

Options
  • 10-10-2010 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Bought a Logitech Driving Force GT today in preparation for GT5. I was using it earlier with Prologue and im absolutly sh!t with it. Im really disappointed because i thought it would be much better to use a wheel. I was fairly handy with the controller, I could easily finish 1st in most races however using the wheel i have come last in nearly every race and spin off in most corners. I find if i try to correct the car on a straight the rear will kick out much easier.

Is there a steep learning curve with these wheels?
    Does anyone have any advice on how to "get better" at it?

Im really disappointed with it because people told me it improves the GT experience but so far i am preferring the controller.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Hogzy wrote: »

yes :p. i bought a wheel for prologue a few months ago and to get used to it i stuck to low powered fwd cars or something like an evo and drove the same track just to get a feel for the brakes and throttle. just stick at it is the only way because once you do get used to it you wont even consider the pad again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Hogzy wrote: »
    Bought a Logitech Driving Force GT today in preparation for GT5. I was using it earlier with Prologue and im absolutly sh!t with it. Im really disappointed because i thought it would be much better to use a wheel. I was fairly handy with the controller, I could easily finish 1st in most races however using the wheel i have come last in nearly every race and spin off in most corners. I find if i try to correct the car on a straight the rear will kick out much easier.

Does anyone have any advice on how to "get better" at it?

Im really disappointed with it because people told me it improves the GT experience but so far i am preferring the controller.

it takes time dude....

download live for speed demo or any racing sim like that learn to drive with it in them.

Trust me when i say thier Great when you get used to them and set them up correctly ( nice seat position, good set of speakers, screen etc... )

Advertisement