Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripplecom/Ice connection problems.

• 10-10-2010 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

So I got Ripplecom (was Ice) a while ago. But they never gave me a Router so yesterday I went off and bought a Netgear WNR1000.
    So I connected it all up and went through set up. Put in my Static IP and so on that I was given and it seemed to work fine.
    Until I realise I'd loose my connection every few minutes and it'd then come back a second later. I'm far from any expert about this stuff (I know absolutely nothing) so I could be doing something really, really stupid here.

If anyone could help me or explain to me how to find out more about what's going on then I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭LevelSpirit

From what I hear their service is as bad as it was when they were Ice. Nothing has changed apart from the name.
    You might be better off just dumping them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Major Bean

You might be better off just dumping them.
    I would if I had any other real choices but I'm pretty much in the middle of no where. No Eircom or UPC for me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 anLaoch

Did you contact their Tech Support. They are quite helpful.

Advertisement