Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i wait for a 3D TV?

Options
  • 10-10-2010 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hey,

Do you think it would be a good idea to wait a year or two to buy a 3D TV and just update my TV now to a full HD TV?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Depends on what you want in a tv, the prices at the minute are outrageous for what you get. There was a thread with a 50 inch and blu ray for around 1000.

I tried out a 3d tv in the sony centre and wasn't that impressed buy sony says it is releasing 3d games soon but I can't say they will be that good. Also with 3D tv only starting with sky I'd wait till it becomes a bit more mainstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I think, if you are definitely going to update your TV to 3d in a couple of years anyway you may be just as well off as doing it now.

Like smk89 said, there are plenty of good opening offers hanging around at the moment but it's hard to tell how long it will take to really get into mainstream fully.

Here's the link to the thread for the 50 inch. It's gone from their online store, but if you pm the Curry's rep he'd be able to tell you if it's still available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

I don't have anything against 3d tv but its like bluray. Better but not good enough to justify spending preposterous amounts of money on.

Also it only appears to be available for huge tvs (50+) and if you can afford a 50inch tv then what are you doing in bargain alerts!

Also remember you need to be 3m away from a 50inch tv.

I know the sony centre and pc world in the city centre do trials of them

Advertisement