Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longshot..Looking for recruitment agencies

Options
  • 10-10-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Folks, can someone maybe be of assistance to me pls.Im trying to emigrate from Ireland to Oz.

Basically I have applied for loads of jobs from seek.com.au and got rejections (more than I get here ffs). My question: are there any recruitment agencies or even boardies who perhaps might be recruiters over there where I can send my CV to who will:
    - See whether my CV is tailored to the Oz market
    - Perhaps forward my CV to some companies

As such I am looking to go out on a WHV although if I was offered sponsorship I would snap that too. However I cant afford to go and not have something lined up, Im based in Kerry atm but have been out of paid work for a yr now

Skills wise I have a BBS in eBusiness and have quite good technical skills, but only have 18 months post degree experience (14 of which were with KPMG although not directly related to my degree I think that should look good on my CV).

I would take absolutely anything but if it was to be related to my degree then a junior business analyst or junior database administrator or web design/dev role but thats being picky, something where I could go to a bank and say I have a job lined up to x months would suffice.

Anyways any help or info much appreciated at this stage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

IMO you need to be here.

Whats this go to a Bank stuff are you planning to get a loan to fly out here and live with.

"Hi I want a loan to set my self up in a country you cannot recoup the money in."

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Zambia232 wrote: »
    IMO you need to be here.

I second this. With that limited experience you're pretty much not going to have a hope of lining up a job from Ireland and having an employer wait while you get your flights/visa etc organised before you come out here, and a recruitment agent really won't entertain it either to be honest.
    I would reckon that people who can line up jobs from Ireland have years of experience behind them or else are in careers that are massively in demand out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

Knew it was an absolute longshot, ta :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Solasgeal

Hi, try Wilson Select recruitment (just google them). Cliff is excellent and has great contacts in the main banks/financial institutions. It is usually mostly accounting roles they recruit for but there may sometimes be project work contract roles which may fit your skills, particularly with KPMG on cv, worth a try anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Best thing you can do is make sure you have 2 references organised(email addresses)Once you come over here join a few recruitment agencies and you should have a job within a few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Put yourself in the shoes of where you're applying. They probably get hundreds of overseas applicants from many countries, unless you're amazingly important and experienced you're not going to get hired from overseas.

Get on a plane and go there, at least you can interview and meet people face to face and will have at least some of the same chance an ozzie would get.

Advertisement