Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 Firewall Status

Options
  • 10-10-2010 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

Before I switched to UPC I was Nat 1 and it was 'Open', now Im with UPC Im Nat 2 and its 'Moderate'.
    I assume Open is what it should be??
    Just wondering what are peoples firewall status on the game?
    Btw you can see it when you click 'online game modes' and its right of the screen then under 'Firewall Status'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Nat type 2 is perfect for online gaming. Moderate firewall just basically means your are connected to the net through a firewall with required ports open. If you had OPEN on Fifa 11 you would be connected directly to the internet usually with Eircom through PPPOE and you would have Nat type 1.

The joy with the UPC modem/router is that it has uPNP which means that it will open the required ports automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

eioneill wrote: »
    Nat type 2 is perfect for online gaming. Moderate firewall just basically means your are connected to the net through a firewall with required ports open. If you had OPEN on Fifa 11 you would be connected directly to the internet usually with Eircom through PPPOE and you would have Nat type 1.

The joy with the UPC modem/router is that it has uPNP which means that it will open the required ports automatically.
    Thats what I thought but wasnt sure. I had got disconnected from EA servers a few times the last few days(got the loss:mad:) and thought it might be because of that. Only got disconnected once or twice a week before on Eircom, must just be the EA servers:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Ah the EA servers are pants at the moment. Ranked match results not recording, headset problems within clubs, to name a few problems. They should patch it soon enough though

Advertisement