Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

computer freezing

• 10-10-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭

hi all
    my pc is freezing its a few months old packard bell for the past few weeks
    it keeps freezing so have had to reboot and then after it starts up again my wireless internet connection goes and im not able to go online at all it does not even show available connections .so i have to restore the computer to the 4th oct . i dont want to keep doing this any ideas what to do
    its windows 7
    intel core 2 quad cpu q8300 @250ghz
    6gb memory
    system type 64 bit operating

thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Sounds like something happened after Oct 4th that's causing this to happen. If nothing obvious comes to mind (e.g. a new program/driver installed or updated) then your best approach is to start cleaning :

1. Uninstall everything that you know you don't need
    2. Install & run CCleaner
    3. Install & run Malwarebyte

If the problem persists after having done all that then you'll need to post more info so run DDS according to the instructions here and post the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

How many antivirus solutions do you have installed and running?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

thanks for the replies

i just have kaspersky installed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 jgalvin2010

I had a simular issue with a new laptop might be worth checking out Windows updates,

It was a pain in the neck doing it but I had to go back over all the windows updates to find out which update was crashing my laptop finally found the one that was doing it and made sure i didnt install it again and reported the issue to Microsoft,

Advertisement