Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering?

Options
  • 10-10-2010 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

I love animals particularly cats. I moved recently home to my father for family reasons and can't get a cat because my father is allergic to animal hair (or something like that). I had cats in my own home which is now let out when I moved back in the family home. My girlfriends temporary apartment is too small to take in a cat. We talked and I would like to get into volunteer work in the Northside of Dublin ie walking dogs, helping with feeding of animals etc. I know that their is the DSPCA shelter who are looking for volunteers but that is too far over in Rathfarnham. Does anybody know of any such shelters etc in North Dublin. I would to help out in such a environment for a few hours a week (of course for free!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭salsagal

I'd suggest checking out the general Irish volunteering website that then breaks down into North/South/West Dublin for specific sites & listings.
    You can then stipulate what kind of volunteer work you want to do - and list animals as your chosen type.

Also, while many refuge centres won't have the time/manpower to keep up good web presences, I think a bit of persistence on the ole google searches will probably lead you to something that is in your area and that would welcome an extra pair of hands.

Failing that, try calling the DSPCA on the North Side of the city and ask if they know of any other shelters that could do with volunteers.

Good luck with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Check out www.volunterrfingal.ie and look under the animal section!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Dogs Trust is in Finglas or you have Ashtown pound on River Road off the N3, both these im sure would be happy to have you

Advertisement