Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Students...where are ye in study?

• 10-10-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

As the title says....
    I'm freaking out:eek:
    My dad won't pay for the study 'cos he believes it's a waste of money
    But i don't see how me, sitting in school from 4-6pm Mon-Fri studying, is a waste of money:(:confused:
    The whole point of me wanting to do it is to Study in Study and do homework at home!
    So now instead i am going to the library on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays until 6, but it's not enough :( I'm aiming for 350+ points, i'm being very reasonable here, because i know i will never get 500 or so points i need for Zoology:(
    How much study is everyone else doing right now? How many HL subjects are you taking?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

I wanted to do it in 5th year but my aunt told my parents I have a free house (brother in LC did night study) and there was no need for me to do it. This year I am doing it though. If I didn't do it I wouldn't do anything at home, even though I spend about half an hour at the end of night study chatting to friends..! :rolleyes:

Oh well..! I'm hoping the 530 points I need will be plucked from the air..! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Ciaramb92 wrote: »
    I wanted to do it in 5th year but my aunt told my parents I have a free house (brother in LC did night study) and there was no need for me to do it. This year I am doing it though. If I didn't do it I wouldn't do anything at home, even though I spend about half an hour at the end of night study chatting to friends..! :rolleyes:

Oh well..! I'm hoping the 530 points I need will be plucked from the air..! :p

I'll have to save myself and do it in January to June...it's invaluable:D!!!!!

And luckily my school is a bit Nazi-ish in that area lol, if you talk, for any reason, your out in a different classroom on your own lol:P
    And hopefully, i wouldn't mind that either LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I do two hours after school Mon-Thurs but usually only get my homework done during that. I'm doing all my homework, writing notes of each day's work, and studying for the few class tests we've had so far. Can't say I've really started studying other than that, but I feel quite on top of my work at any rate. I have 6 HL, and 1 OL (Maths).

I'll have to save myself and do it in January to June...it's invaluable:D!!!!!

And luckily my school is a bit Nazi-ish in that area lol, if you talk, for any reason, your out in a different classroom on your own lol:P
    And hopefully, i wouldn't mind that either LOL

Oh yeah they're like that here so it's silent mouthing with hand signals across the class room..! :L Quite funny to watch I'd say.. And the good old passing of notes...

The teachers like me (:p) so I usually just get the 'Ciara, your a senior, stop talking'... :D

flyaway. wrote: »
    I do two hours after school Mon-Thurs but usually only get my homework done during that. I'm doing all my homework, writing notes of each day's work, and studying for the few class tests we've had so far. Can't say I've really started studying other than that, but I feel quite on top of my work at any rate. I have 6 HL, and 1 OL (Maths).

Wow!
    I am doing my homework...and vaguely going over stuff covered in class..:o
    My maths class is something of a joke.... i'm in a small pass class for people who aren't the best, it was formed to help us out and give us some chance at 1-1 teaching, but the teacher is incapable of doing anything and other teachers are using our class to dump problematic students and attention seekers at us.:mad::mad::mad:
    they don't shut up and keep singing in class where it's at the point me and my friend are having serious trouble trying to get by and get stuff done:(:(
    But, other than that, my first day of study is tomorrow, so i hope it works in the end!!
    I'm only doing HL History, Geography, Biology so it's not too bad, but a rake of new teachers this year is a killer because i miss my old ones and there methods worked!:(

• Advertisement

Sorry bout the last post...what a rant!!
    Oh yeah they're like that here so it's silent mouthing with hand signals across the class room..! :L Quite funny to watch I'd say.. And the good old passing of notes...

The teachers like me (:p) so I usually just get the 'Ciara, your a senior, stop talking'... :D

hahaha i bet it is :D
    And lucky...! we have a whole lost of newbie teachers this year and none of them like me, or understand my humour :( WHY oh WHY do teachers get pregnant during exam years:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

Hey dude :) I wouldn't worry. I myself want to do medicine :P But realistically I won't get those points...for now I don't do after school study or late study, indeed I never have :). I'm aiming for 500+ points and I can tell you if you are that motivated to get above 350 you will without a bother :). Intelligence plays a minute roll in the leaving cert, motivation and persistance is key. I personally have only really done the homework until now and like others, I'm sure, I feel like I should be doing so much more. :( But getting your work done should be first priority and after that try and revise work done in class that day. And don't skimp off work on the weekend :( I've started doing that and I feel quite guilty :P

Hope this helps :) Oh and routine is key :):) Get into a routine and stick to it. Keep motivated and highlight your goals. We have the best part of 8 months, so just give it everything you have and know that everyone is in the same boat :).

Thanks Patri!!!
    That really helps!!! :)
    This weekend i must admit i did nothing!
    Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'm doing around 2-3 hours a day or so at the moment every day of the week. Trying to push up to 550 from 520.

I'm doing around 2-3 hours a day or so at the moment every day of the week. Trying to push up to 550 from 520.

wow..thats some goal!

• Advertisement

Sorry bout the last post...what a rant!!

hahaha i bet it is :D
    And lucky...! we have a whole lost of newbie teachers this year and none of them like me, or understand my humour :( WHY oh WHY do teachers get pregnant during exam years:eek::eek:

I go to an all girls school.. With all female teachers (ok well we have 3 male teachers - 1 is subbing for a female teacher on her like millionth career break :P). The oldest teacher is in her 50s and most are getting married//recently married. The pregnancy rate among teachers in my school is shocking..! :O Each September we're always talking about who's pregnant or not..! :rolleyes: Our French teacher is pregnant and we are delighted! :D (Not for her, for the fact she's leaving!)

Sorry, I was being serious. :P I live in Galway too, and my chem teacher's just after going on maternity leave.

Reminds me.. The Chemistry teacher in our school hasn't been in for a full year yet since I started (in 2005) (No joke!). Apparently it was like that before we started.. God knows how many kids she has!

Sorry, I was being serious. :P I live in Galway too, and my chem teacher's just after going on maternity leave.

PM me your school if you like, i'm not in Galway City though

I go to an all girls school.. With all female teachers (ok well we have 3 male teachers - 1 is subbing for a female teacher on her like millionth career break :P). The oldest teacher is in her 50s and most are getting married//recently married. The pregnancy rate among teachers in my school is shocking..! :O Each September we're always talking about who's pregnant or not..! :rolleyes: Our French teacher is pregnant and we are delighted! :D (Not for her, for the fact she's leaving!)

Ohhh ok!!:D
    LOL, career break!! a few here have had 'career breaks' ones in her late 50's and always has a 6-pack in the back of the car for any passers-by to see, how she is still a licensed teacher, i do not know:eek::confused:
    And yeah, French teachers are normally odd, or repressed in some way where they have to let it out on us:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Me neither, and idc about privacy, I go to St. Paul's.
    Btw I was just wondering, did you post sth about chem or did I just assume that you were doing it? :confused:

Me neither, and idc about privacy, I go to St. Paul's.
    Btw I was just wondering, did you post sth about chem or did I just assume that you were doing it? :confused:

Your imagination is running wild...:rolleyes:

I don't either lol just making sure,
    St Brigid's in Loughrea :D or the 'Tech' i prefer

I also imagined you being a warlock : D
    Oh right, well I'm in Oughterard bai :rolleyes:

Ohhh ok!!:D
    LOL, career break!! a few here have had 'career breaks' ones in her late 50's and always has a 6-pack in the back of the car for any passers-by to see, how she is still a licensed teacher, i do not know:eek::confused:
    And yeah, French teachers are normally odd, or repressed in some way where they have to let it out on us:mad:

The French one is a bítch.. got married 2 years ago and invited all the staff (apparently).. Everyone feels sorry her future child..! Grrr.. Hate her..!

hahaha thank you :D

Only an hour away so :D i think i've been there a few times.!

I've probably been to Loughrea a few times... It's near Headford right?
    Anyways I'll stop spamming your thread, g'luck with the studying! : D

• Advertisement

Ah 'tis my thread, i'll decide when it's off topic lmao :P
    And it's near enough!

The French one is a bítch.. got married 2 years ago and invited all the staff (apparently).. Everyone feels sorry her future child..! Grrr.. Hate her..!

lol wow:D
    I know the feeling, i hope to god some of these teachers have normal spouses for the kid's sake:D

Ah 'tis my thread, i'll decide when it's off topic lmao :P
    And it's near enough!
    Arah sure musha :P Well I've been to Headford several times, maybe I passed Loughrea on the way?

Arah sure musha :P Well I've been to Headford several times, maybe I passed Loughrea on the way?

:p

Hmmm...quick scan of Google Directions says no way :pac:
    But i'm sure you've been here at least once, maybe going to Ballinasloe? or Dublin even:cool:

Maybe, I go to Athlone a lot, and sometimes to Dublin. And I was in Ballinasloe 2 weeks ago for debs (don't ask, my school always has them at this time of year)

Thats weird lol, and yeah you would've passed through or by Loughrea, depending on if you took the bus cos they'll usually pass the town by the new by-pass
    Ages since i was your end though! go to Galway City much?

Well why would ya be coming out this way anyways? To go to the bog? :P
    I used to, but I've too much work these days, just go in maybe once a month. Yerself?

Well why would ya be coming out this way anyways? To go to the bog? :P
    I used to, but I've too much work these days, just go in maybe once a month. Yerself?

LOL
    And every 2-3 weeks with friends is all, not as much as i'd like

Exactly. I used to go in every Saturday, but now I can't (and I'm only in 5th year! :confused:)

• Advertisement

Exactly. I used to go in every Saturday, but now I can't (and I'm only in 5th year! :confused:)
    I know!! :(:(
    Oh well, by next June i'm done, and can go where i like!
    Then theres College.....:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement