Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do you Love MMA?

• 10-10-2010 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

I Love it because its so exiting and i love training MMA.
    What about you Guys?
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I like training because it's gotten me fitter and more confident.

If girlfriends have taught me anything. I cannot love you after 5 months. We will talk next June.

x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Cos I love telling people I do UFC.

I dunno, I've always loved combat sports. I also love the comaradery and the small Irish MMA community. Theres just so many aspects. I think the most important is that it just makes me happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Training, i haven't trained in a while because i'm not based in Ireland anymore. But i just love learning the techniques, especially the ground techniques.

I remember going to my first ever class and i was able to dominate one of the experienced guys on the ground after learning some simple techniques. I'm not as big a fan as the stand up stuff, but it's still great to learn.

it makes you fitter as well. Back where i was training, you got the sh1t kicked out of you cardio-wise for the first 45 mins of the class, so actually having the sh1t kicked out of you literally wasnt so bad :P

As a fan, it's simply the most exciting sport in the world! Nothing even comes close! I love almost everything (im sure there's some stuff i dont like that i cant think of right now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Love the thrill of two people squaring off in what could be considered *no holes* barred, even though i know there are rules to a degree.

I love the excitement of a build-up and promos to a big fight, then that card with the main event fight living up to expectations.

I love the frequency of premier fights that happen, seems like decent shows are on a bi-monthly or almost weekly basis at the current rate.

I love the way (within an organisation) the best tend to fight the best, there isn't much in the way of ducking as fighters would find themselves out of the mix very quickly should they refuse to fight certain opponents, professional boxing - I'm looking at you!

I love the way there are a huge variety of ways a fight can end, which also leads to upsets and shock defeats. An MMA underdog has a much better chance than a boxing underdog imo.

I love the variety of techniques on display, and the never-ending debate on what style comes out on top, the prhase "styles make fights" is no better suited to that of an MMA bout.

If i thought about it im sure theres dozens more, but thats a start

*oh and the fight gear they wear looks cool

75b11f27d8fa21bb993b9548845fd463.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I love getting hit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭bilbo79

i love watching sweaty men rolling around with each other. Gets me pumped! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

So I can tell girls im cage fighter:pac:

I just love the spirit of it. Getting into a cage and just fighting someone you have nothing against and will probably share a beer with afterwards.

I think its one of the best ways of stayin in great shape too. Ive had people say they wanna get their fitness up before they come and train and I tell them training is the best way to get into shape. I started training straight away after a 2 year lay off.

And also the cage fighter line really works on the ladies;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and MT leg kicks.

Only dislike is getting punched in the nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

SDTimeout wrote: »
    I like training because it's gotten me fitter and more confident.

that's it for me too. I've lost 2 and a half stone since I started back in April, and the confidence that brings as well is great. These days I get tetchy if I don't train for two days straight!

The challenge. It's one against one and it's up to you to perform, you have no team mates to carry you. But then in the gym your team mates help you every step of the way. I find it very unique like that.

You can beat yourself in MMA, so it's a challenge to give your best and really perform at your best level.

I love training. I love learning new techniques and refining what I know. I recently injured ankle ligaments which have kept me out for the last 4 or 5 months. My weight went up to 107kgs. When I'm fully healthy and training regularly my walking weight is 97-99kgs so the physical benefits are very evident. The psychological benefits are fantastic too. The assurance and confidence one draws from martial arts is fantastic.

I also love watching MMA. I love the contrasting style match ups and the anticipation of a big fight. Events like the most recent UFC can put me off MMA intermittently but thankfully we have the likes of Jose Aldo and the WEC to reignite the flame!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement