Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lucozade cherry

Options
  • 11-10-2010 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Has anybody tried this stuff yet? I think it's lovely. Nice refreshing, flavourful drink which I can only assume is extremely bad for human beings :D

I'd rate it the second nicest lucozade, after lucozade orange of course which is the nicest tasting fizzy drink around these days! Actualy what happened to lucozade citrus clear, that stuff used to be unbelievably nice :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I bought a bottle of this a few months ago. A couple of days later I was told I had diabetes, so it's been sitting in my fridge ever since. :( Now if I could only induce a hypo somehow that would require me to get my blood sugar back up quickly... :D

If you're anywhere near the IFSC, the Spar beside Mayor Square has the citrus clear Lucozade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Zaph wrote: »
    I bought a bottle of this a few months ago. A couple of days later I was told I had diabetes

:eek:

Well, I'm not drinking that stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

Zaph wrote: »
    I bought a bottle of this a few months ago. A couple of days later I was told I had diabetes, so it's been sitting in my fridge ever since. :( Now if I could only induce a hypo somehow that would require me to get my blood sugar back up quickly... :D

If you're anywhere near the IFSC, the Spar beside Mayor Square has the citrus clear Lucozade.

My goodness, sorry to hear that! :eek: were you a big drinker of fizzy drinks before being diagnosed? I should really quit :eek:
    Still though, I'll probably pop in there next time I find myself in the area! Maybe it's available in more places than I'm aware, just can't remember seeing it in ages.

edit: just remembered that citrus clear is the best hangover cure drink i've ever tasted, i'll have to get my hands on a few bottles for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The big bottles of orange, cherry and original (ew) are all half price in tesco at the moment. Think it's about €1.20 or so.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

:eek:

Well, I'm not drinking that stuff!

I don't think buying a bottle of it caused my diabetes. Although if I could prove it did maybe I could sue them! :D
    My goodness, sorry to hear that! :eek: were you a big drinker of fizzy drinks before being diagnosed? I should really quit :eek:

Sweet stuff doesn't actually cause diabetes, it's just a contributory factor. Being overweight is what does it, and obviously if you consume a lot of sugar without living an active enough lifestyle to burn it all off the chances are you'll end up overweight. After that it's a lottery as to whether you'll end up diabetic or not. Typical, the one feckin' time I actually win the lottery...
    kateos2 wrote: »
    The big bottles of orange, cherry and original (ew) are all half price in tesco at the moment. Think it's about €1.20 or so.

I miss original Lucozade :( It's a great hangover cure, although I'm not really allowed drink enough alcohol to cause a hangover now. I miss hangovers. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

original lucozade goes flat real quick, but it's nice, citrus clear is my fave, real nice as well as the orange one and the lemon one :D haven't tried the new one yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,934 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Picked up a 1 litre bottle of Lucozade Cherry for a euro in Tesco at the weekend..

.. not opened it yet though.

This is fecking delish..

.. unlike most Lucozade where the taste of glucose is quite noticeably, the Cherry flavour really masks it.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Actualy what happened to lucozade citrus clear, that stuff used to be unbelievably nice :eek:

I think it didn't sell well.. They have a new one out or did. Think it was called Lucozade ALERT. In a tiny bottle and it was in a black wrapper...
    It tastes practically the same as Crystal Clear, except you get less for more money with ALERT..

If you drink a can of coke/diet coke and eat some Chilli Heatwave Doritos straight away I think it gives you the Crystal Clear after taste..
    Bizarre.

I'd love to try the Tropical flavor of Lucozade... Looks lovely.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Does anyone remember NRG this stuff was addictive kind of a tropical taste dunno why they got rid of it :(

lucozade_nrg.jpg

• Advertisement

NRG brings back memories.. used to love it!

Very refreshing stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Does anyone remember NRG this stuff was addictive kind of a tropical taste dunno why they got rid of it :(

lucozade_nrg.jpg

That was my favourite drink in the whole world 10 or 12 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Ok, I always thought sugar rush was one of those over hyped things until i drank this stuff. Any sugar rush I ever had before was pretty mild. After a bottle of this stuff I actually get a bit light headed, and feel quite weird for about an hour. Im not sure what it is, but its probably the worst sugary drink I have ever had for weird effects. THeres no way Id ever mix this stuff with alchol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Haven't had the Cherry stuff yet. I love the lemon or apple though. Orange is good too...as they all are. Had the Alert the other day,it was only 95 cent in the shop. Tasted a bit like the citrus one I thought,but slightly different.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm a Lucozade addict, drink about a litre and a half a day. Went through a phase of loving the cherry one but back on the original now. Trying to cut down, but I love it so much! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

I didn't like it when I tried it; it tasted a bit like Dr. Pepper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Hmm was pleasantly surprised,but wouldn't be my favourite one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

One bad thing I noticed about this drink is that if you drink a lot of it shortly before going to bed (say 1 litre) you wake up very thirsty the next day.

Most fizzy drinks will do this to some extent but I found this to be particularly the case with lucozade cherry. Must be the body using up all it's water to process all the rubbish that's in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,151 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I specifically searched out this thread to critique the product.

I bought 2 for £2.20 in Glasgow airport yesterday and I think it is absolutely horrible stuff.

I loved Cherry flavoured drinks. Only that morning to cure the hangover I bought myself a Cherry Coca Cola but this stuff is just wrong.

Cherry Pepsi is where the flavour is at people!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

^Sames, I love cherry flavour stuff but this is really sickly. The orange flavour one is my favourite, nom

• Advertisement
Advertisement