Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo Locations around Swords?

• 11-10-2010 12:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend me some photo locations around Swords asap? A friend is opening a restaurant in Swords next week, Im to supply 7 photographs, Howth Harbour, Columbines Church and tower, Lambay Island, Swords Caslte, possibly a field of cows and something else. One photograph from my stock has been mentioned so this may be used as a 7 th shot but I would like to give a choice of shots really. I don't know the area very well so maybe someone might recommend somewhere specific to me???

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

That about nails it on the head!

Perhaps Pavillions shopping centre as it is a big landmark in Swords?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

sNarah wrote: »
    That about nails it on the head!

Perhaps Pavillions shopping centre as it is a big landmark in Swords?

Haha, so nothing much then eh? I was hoping there may be some nice park or small monument or something. Ah well, will have to drive around and come up with some thoughts. Short notice but I want to get best I can. Will hopefully get shots done tomorrow and pay Steve a visit asap to get them done up.

Appreciate any ideas anyone may have of any surrounding areas, lol or if someone has a few cows out their back garden can I drop by???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Swans out at Hutchinson Strand

Well I have all of my shots, I think. Went out around Swords area this morning then onto Howth to get some pics mentioned to me. This afternoon I drove down towards Newcastle, ended up in Athgoe where a lovely famer lined up his cows for me to photograph, thanks farmer:D Steve is making up the frames as we speak, now onto editing. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Sounds like you had fun today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

If your back in the area try Swords Castle at the junction of North St and Rathbeale Road. There is also Broadmeadows and if you head out towards Balheary you will get a few oppertunities as you are heading out into the countryside where there are plenty of cows Horses..............

Good luck

Thanks Leo, I got loads of Swords castle, need photos printed mounted and frames for new restaurant in Swords village for Wednesday. Im editing now and Im actually loving the cow pics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

No Problem, You might post up your pics or a review of Restaurant in NCD forum "Places to Eat". How do I put in a link for another thread?

We have a few budding critics out here who have moved away from Bacon & Cabbage

LeoB wrote: »
    No Problem, You might post up your pics or a review of Restaurant in NCD forum "Places to Eat". How do I put in a link for another thread?

We have a few budding critics out here who have moved away from Bacon & Cabbage

Yeah I will defo put a thread with info on the restaurant when it opens. I think official opening is Friday or Saturday, not sure for definite. It's a good friend of the family, haha, actually my daughters daddy, who is opening the restaurant. He is a great chef and I'm sure the restaurant will be nothing less than the best.

I will post his chosen pictures when they are all finished. I know my favourites now but will have to wait to see his.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Sounds really nice, will have to let us know the name of the place when it is open.

• Advertisement

eeyore2502 wrote: »
    Sounds really nice, will have to let us know the name of the place when it is open.

Its called Essence Bistro. Will defo be open this weekend just not 100% sure of the day

Did anyone here go in yet? I was told someone went in and mentioned this and would love to get an opinion, I haven't even seen the pics yet?

Advertisement