Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast at New Years

Options
  • 11-10-2010 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to come over to Northern Ireland with my girlfriend for New Year from England. All my family is Irish & used to spend every Christmas in Ballymena but haven't been over to Belfast for a good few years now but would really like to show her the old country.

Am looking to be in Belfast from about the 27th December to the 1st/2nd of January and was wondering what transport links will be like around this time and if anything will be open between Christmas and New Years in terms of shops/museums etc.

Also wondering what Belfast will be like on New Years Eve? Not looking for a banging club or anything, to drink the new year in with a good crowd in a nice pub should be enough.

Was thinking perhaps taking her upto Derry for a day on the train to show her a bit of the countryside & another place but guess with christmas period transport & limited daylight hours my chances of showing her the antrim coast or giants causeway might be a bit limited on this trip.

Anyway wondering if anyone had any ideas of activities or things to do around this time. And how many things might be open. Also will things be open on New Years Day, lived in a suburb in Dublin a few years ago & there was absolutely nothing open new years day and no buses into town either!

Also a nice pub to see in the New Year if anyone could reccommend one would be grand. Am open to suggestions!

Thanks,

Advertisement