Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin around New Years?

Options
  • 11-10-2010 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi,

Am looking to come over to Ireland with my girlfriend (who's never been over before) for New Years, am heading to Belfast first and then to Dublin before heading back. Haven't decided if we're going to spend New Years in Belfast yet and travel down the day after or travel down on New Year's Eve & celebrate it in Dublin. Not looking for a big celebration really, just to toast the new year in a friendly bar with a good crowd.

Anyway what I was really wondering was will anything much be open/happening in Dublin on the 1st/2nd? Would love to stay longer to really show her the city but unfortunetely have to get back for work.

A few years ago when I lived in Finglas remember on New Years day that I was basically stuck in the house as no pubs were open & the bus wasn't running! Am more used over here to New Years Day being quite a busy day in pubs!

Just wondering if we should be alright for finding a pub with a decent atmosphere on New Years Day & if anything else will be open/happening and any transport running so I can show her the city I used to live in?

Advertisement