Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web piercing

• 11-10-2010 3:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭

I've always wanted to get my bit of skin between the thumb and index finger pierced and have now actually resolved to do it. It'll be my first piercing since i got my ears pierced when I was 4. Where should I get it done (Dublin area)? How much would it cost? What would the healing time be?

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I had mine done twice, and tbh, it never healed. You wouldn't believe how awkward it is (everything is a struggle with it - showering, typing, putting your hand in your pocket, putting socks on...) and since this is your first piercing in a while I'd recommend something a little easier to maintain and heal than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Jenizzle is right. They take forever to heal.What she didn't mention is they usually hurt like a bitch too. Best way to see how much your everyday life would be affected by having your web pierced is to get a small bulldog clip, attach it to your hand and wear it for a day. It won't take long to realise the impracticalities of such a piercing in everyday life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

DON'T DO IT!!!

I had mine done a few years ago and it was the biggest pain. It was physically sore all of the time, oozed constantly, caught on everything I touched and once it got caught on a bag and it pulled right through my hand-I didn't even take it out after that- I just got bigger ball on the end.

Your hands encounter so much bacteria on a normal day that it takes so long to heal. I took mine out about five years ago (instant relief!) and that part of my hand is still so tender.

It was a very silly mistake to get done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

So only I had a positive experience with hand webbing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Really that bad for ye? Has anyone apart from Raze them all had any positive experiences with getting it done?

• Advertisement

Probably not, it's not exactly a piercing you get if you're not experienced with healing piercings(which jen is) It takes alot of care and commitment. Even drinking can be a challenge.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Yep, holding a glass can be quite painful as can getting it stuck in hair whilst brushing it, washing hands, trying to dry hands without getting it caught in tissue or a towel... basically it's a pain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i'm going to (slightly) hijack this thread and ask of peoples experiences with top lip web piercings (smiley piercings) i really want one done, have wanted for quite some time now and it's perfect as i work in a hospital and have to wear retainers in all but my tongue!!

anyway, how have y'all got on with them? cheers!

handiest piercing to heal

Advertisement