Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katy Perry Teenage Dream Tour - All discussion - no ticket sales/swaps/advertising.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I've been buying tickets on ticketmaster.ie for years and years, I've never come across this before. Something strange going on. There's obviously an error, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rochtray

just trying positive thinking here-but maybe ticketmaster want to shift all the seated ones first so there holding back the standing ?? I hope thats whats happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 MicroLoz

same never had a problem ever before buying tickets espically for more popular artists, i think as the page to buy keeps changing look wise, with those J type tickets and american express maybe they are still fixing the problem and standing will work soon???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭bren2001

rochtray wrote: »
    just trying positive thinking here-but maybe ticketmaster want to shift all the seated ones first so there holding back the standing ?? I hope thats whats happening

They dont care were people are in the arena. They make the same amount of money as the tickets at the back section are the same price as standing.

It must be a flaw in the system.

Ive just rang the telephone line and it says if your buying katy perry tickets that they only have them for american expressholders. im sure there is some glich somewhere, i have yet to here of anybody(even on facebook or twitter) getting standing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Been online since before nine & been trying to ring. Finally got onto the website after refreshing for 40 minutes...sold out.

no referencing tout sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

I'm so annoyed by this. I've been on since 9 trying to book. There was 2 tickets on Block D. They were really good seats, so I went in and accepted them. It then brought me to my credit card details etc, but when I went to choose a credit card (in my case it is a visa), but only american express is listed - what is this about. Did you have to only use american express before you can book this concert.
    I've never had that problem before, I've always used my visa to book. I'm mad as hell.

Same got block D row 14 was happy enough since couldnt get standing but then couldnt buy same problem, the page still said not on sale at that point but now it says on sale but cant even get crap seats now!! has to be somethin up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

I know, something is not right! Going out now, I'll go to a ticketmaster outlet & at least be able to talk to someone directly. Fingers crossed.

I just noticed on the site that this american express should have been taken off yesterday and everyone else could buy them after this. They obviously didn't take this off. I was really looking forward to this concert.

• Advertisement

In fairness lads, to those of you admitting defeat: Nobody has bought a standing ticket... ergo, they are all still available.... It's just a case of playing the waiting game. Major f-up has gone on.

whirlpool wrote: »
    In fairness lads, to those of you admitting defeat: Nobody has bought a standing ticket... ergo, they are all still available.... It's just a case of playing the waiting game. Major f-up has gone on.

To make myself feel better thats what im going to think and hope!!

There's no way she sold out in 30 seconds. All the errors this morning.... going on sale 15 minutes late, and they're still offering american express only tickets, even though it says that ended yesterday. And I've checked the net and not come across a single person who got a standing ticket. A bit odd for a concert that sold out in 30 seconds, no?

whirlpool wrote: »
    There's no way she sold out in 30 seconds. All the errors this morning.... going on sale 15 minutes late, and they're still offering american express only tickets, even though it says that ended yesterday. And I've checked the net and not come across a single person who got a standing ticket. A bit odd for a concert that sold out in 30 seconds, no?

who said they sold out in 30 seconds?

rochtray wrote: »
    who said they sold out in 30 seconds?

Within roughly 30 seconds of the tickets going on sale, it was saying "sold out."

wonder what happens in this kind of situation tho how will they resolve it? will they jus go onsale whenever they decide n we jus gotta hope we on or is there a chance cud only be sold in outlets?

It's now saying there isn't a single ticket left. Not even one single seat. So exactly the right amount of people in the right amount of groups booked the right amount of seats beside each other? Katy Perry entirely selling out in half an hour? Kylie, Britney and Usher weren't even able to sell out. Okay I'm bored now. Will check again later.

So what now - are we all supposed to sit in front on our computers until they decide to remove the american express. It looks a bit like that.

Graceland wrote: »
    So what now - are we all supposed to sit in front on our computers until they decide to remove the american express. It looks a bit like that.

I had planned on getting up at 8.55 getting tickets at 9 thenback to bed but ive been trying for an hour and a half and im gonna keep trying. there is now wyw she sold out, as whirlpool has said britney and all that didnt seelout and even with lady gaga she sold out but not that quick or miley cyrus at least took a few minutes to sell out!! ugh i REALLY WANT KATY PERRY TICKETS

The concert isn't sold out. You can go in and buy tickets as an american express customer and the seats are still available. I tried this myself but naturally I can't finish the booking, but there are still seats available, so she is definetly not sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Graceland wrote: »
    The concert isn't sold out. You can go in and buy tickets as an american express customer and the seats are still available. I tried this myself but naturally I can't finish the booking, but there are still seats available, so she is definetly not sold out.

Yeah you're right, I just tried the American express route there, got standing tickets and had to stop at purchasing. So there are definitely standing tickets available, even though that presale was supposed to end yesterday at 12pm.

I think it's just a matter of waiting now. I hope they change the site soon enough. I don't want to be stuck at the computer all day, but at the same time I really want to see Katy in concert.

im the same i dont wanna be at the computer all day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 quicksnap

It is sold out. I went up to the local ticketmaster outlet and they said that Katy only had a very small area allocated to standing and therefore they sold out in a matter of seconds, so all the people looking for standing tickets would have given up and gone for seating...which sold out a few minutes later. makes sense.

quicksnap wrote: »
    It is sold out. I went up to the local ticketmaster outlet and they said that Katy only had a very small area allocated to standing and therefore they sold out in a matter of seconds, so all the people looking for standing tickets would have given up and gone for seating...which sold out a few minutes later. makes sense.

No im sorry but 14000 people have not bought tickets already. The standing section in the O2 is massive and the seats can only come down so far. Ive been there several time and if Green Day couldnt sell this place out Katy Perry cant.

It's definetly not sold out no matter what the ticket outlets say. I've gone in again just this minute as an amercian express customer and I can book standing and sitting tickets no problem.

quicksnap wrote: »

But... What? Did you not just see how many people have just said standing tickets are still available? So that's not the issue. They are on sale.

The issue is that the only payment method being offered on the ticketmaster site is American Express.

Waiting game!

I hope they change this soon. I don't want to be sat here all day.

I didnt think it was going to sell out last night and I still dont think its going to sell out now. Im going to just book them tomorrow and I imagine a lot of people have given up. If you check your computer every two hours youll be sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 quicksnap

they're keeping a certain amount of tickets for american express cardholders. if they don't sell out, those tickets will eventually become available days before the event. Katy perry is far more popular than greenday, and this is her first time here. She appeals to a very general audience, unlike greenday, she's in the charts every week therefore a lot more interest would be generated in her concert.

Advertisement