Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katy Perry Teenage Dream Tour - All discussion - no ticket sales/swaps/advertising.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AaronCregan

quicksnap wrote: »
    they're keeping a certain amount of tickets for american express cardholders. if they don't sell out, those tickets will eventually become available days before the event. Katy perry is far more popular than greenday, and this is her first time here. She appeals to a very general audience, unlike greenday, she's in the charts every week therefore a lot more interest would be generated in her concert.

American Express ended yesterday. They're not keeping any tickets for American Express. All tickets are meant to be on sale now. It's an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭bren2001

quicksnap wrote: »
    they're keeping a certain amount of tickets for american express cardholders. if they don't sell out, those tickets will eventually become available days before the event. Katy perry is far more popular than greenday, and this is her first time here. She appeals to a very general audience, unlike greenday, she's in the charts every week therefore a lot more interest would be generated in her concert.

Sorry what? Katy Perry isnt a patch on how popular Green Day are here. Green Day are not in the charts every day because they dont beat out albums every two years. Know Your Enemy went straight to number one after being released on the thursday. The chart is compiled on the friday.

It isnt her first time here. She played Oxegen. Even at that I don't know if its her first stand alone concert.

Green Day have a huge cult following. Green Day managed to sell 30,000 for Marlay Park. Id like to see Katy Perry do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 quicksnap

Blah blah blah. sorry for even coming back on and telling you people what ticketmaster told me. just getting abuse for it. whatever, i got tickets, i'm happy :) It is her first stand alone concert. Yes she performed at oxegen but that was after the release of her first album and no one was going to pay 100 euro for a day ticket just to see her back then. Yes Greenday have a cult of fans...but they dont appeal to the masses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

bren2001 wrote: »
    Sorry what? Katy Perry isnt a patch on how popular Green Day are here.
    She's more poular
    Green Day are not in the charts every day because they dont beat out albums every two years.
    they released 5 albums between 94 and 04 that's an average of every 2 years
    Even at that I don't know if its her first stand alone concert.
    It Is
    Green Day have a huge cult following. Green Day managed to sell 30,000 for Marlay Park. Id like to see Katy Perry do that.
    You really think one of the biggest stars on the planet couldn't get 30,000 people to marlay park on a summers day

This post is not meant as a dig at you or greenday btw(I've seen them 5 times myself) But more at people who don't seem to grasp that pop will outsell rock every day of every week of every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭trendy88

As far as Im aware shes sold out!! got my tickets early this morning and there all gone now!! Im sure she'll announce another date though so dont despair just yet!!!

trendy88 wrote: »
    As far as Im aware shes sold out!! got my tickets early this morning and there all gone now!! Im sure she'll announce another date though so dont despair just yet!!!

You got standing tickets? Where? What time?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

trendy88 wrote: »

How did you book your tickets? Did you use american express?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

No im sorry but 14000 people have not bought tickets already. The standing section in the O2 is massive and the seats can only come down so far. Ive been there several time and if Green Day couldnt sell this place out Katy Perry cant.

Green Day did sell it out.....

and for the record, yes pop music is unfortunately wider then rock :(

Facebook lists:
    58,620 people
    who live in Ireland
    who like katy perry

25,420 people
    who live in Ireland
    who like green day

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

I was all set to book for my daughter. Had all the same problems as everyone else online, gave up after ten minutes. Headed down to Ticketmaster outlet before 9.30, got two seated, crap in row N but at least I got them. Shame it's a school night.:D

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    She's more poular

they released 5 albums between 94 and 04 that's an average of every 2 years

Exactly.... that was 6 years ago that they stopped pumping them out. The original point was that Katy Perry was in the charts and subsequently more popular. They released 21st Century Breakdown last year and it shot to number one. (if you do the math to release 5 albums with a two year gap its over 8 years that you do it not 10. You have to discount the first album as it starts at time 0. However 4 of those albums were released from 94 - 2000. Then a four year gap to Amiercan Idiot)

Green Day managed to sell out Wembley Stadium and many other stadiums world wide. They also have a Broadway musical based on American Idiot. I think they are a bit bigger then Katy Perry. (saying all this I do like Katy Perry)

Green Day did sell it out.....

and for the record, yes pop music is unfortunately wider then rock :(

Facebook lists:
    58,620 people
    who live in Ireland
    who like katy perry

25,420 people
    who live in Ireland
    who like green day

:cool:
    I wasnt 100% sure if they did in the end. I know it wasnt a sell out that day. You could get tickets two or three weeks before.

With the Facebook thing, the Green Day crowd is much much older i.e. less use facebook regularly. Its not a fair cross section of the population to take if from that.

Pop is wider than rock and pop rock bands like the killers do exceptionally well. Lady Gaga i would say is bigger than Green Day but not Katy Perry.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

I went into a ticket outlet in galway and my friend went to one in tipperary and we were both told the same thing- all the standing tickets were sold by 5 past nine this morning. We were also told that a second concert is probably going to be announced mid week or so. so we are holding out too..

I have a feeling that there will be plenty of tickets available at huge prices on 'Getmein' later today..:mad:

Lads will ya please join this group to speak out against touts? It's better than doing nothing at all.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Katy-Perry-Dublin-ticket-touts/110937045635082?v=wall

I can't believe that standing tickets are right there for the taking for anyone with an American Express card. Anyone here fancy taking one for the team and buying us all our tickets??????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Lady Gaga i would say is bigger than Green Day but not Katy Perry.

I suppose it depends on how you measure Popularity. I would say The same thing i said in the blink 182 thread, Green day are overall bigger (More records sold, bigger arenas played) But katy perry is much bigger now for the stage of her career she's in (2 albums entering her 3rd year in the public eye about to go on her first world tour) than greenday were at that point in theres.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I suppose it depends on how you measure Popularity. I would say The same thing i said in the blink 182 thread, Green day are overall bigger (More records sold, bigger arenas played) But katy perry is much bigger now for the stage of her career she's in (2 albums entering her 3rd year in the public eye about to go on her first world tour) than greenday were at that point in theres.

Id fully accept that. It took Green Day years to get to where Katy Perry is after two albums. The way i see it Katy Perry certainly up as a huge artist but still has a long way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

I wasnt 100% sure if they did in the end. I know it wasnt a sell out that day. You could get tickets two or three weeks before.

With the Facebook thing, the Green Day crowd is much much older i.e. less use facebook regularly. Its not a fair cross section of the population to take if from that.

Pop is wider than rock and pop rock bands like the killers do exceptionally well. Lady Gaga i would say is bigger than Green Day but not Katy Perry.

Yeah understandable...(and what with some people not listing their bands or whatever ) still gives a fairly overall view of fan numbers in comparision...Green Day with 20k fans selling 30kish tickets for marlay park...(including people who went for the support only , paramore)

Lady Gaga has 98k fans on facebook so bigger then Katy Perry going by those statistics...

Yeah understandable...(and what with some people not listing their bands or whatever ) still gives a fairly overall view of fan numbers in comparision...Green Day with 20k fans selling 30kish tickets for marlay park...(including people who went for the support only , paramore)

Lady Gaga has 98k fans on facebook so bigger then Katy Perry going by those statistics...

I dont think that facebook is a viable poll to source information like that from. Even if you look at the support acts. Paramore are quite big and Joan Jett is big enough. I doubt Katy Perry will get anyone of that caliber to play under her.

Sorry, I can see how my sentence could be misinterpreted. I was trying to say Lady Gaga is bigger than Green Day right now but that Katy Perry is not bigger than Green Day. Lady Gaga is lightyears ahead of where Katy Perry is today.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭slave2thewage

This is ridiculous. I've never come across this in all my years of buying tickets. Something is majorly wrong. Literally no one I know could get tickets.

• Advertisement

This is ridiculous. I've never come across this in all my years of buying tickets. Something is majorly wrong. Literally no one I know could get tickets.

I thought that as well until about 20 seconds ago. A few people I know said they got them online at 9......

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭slave2thewage

I was on that site from 8.40 - nothing. I did get through to two standing via the O2 portal but then it went insane on me. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

buzsywuzsy wrote: »
    I went into a ticket outlet in galway and my friend went to one in tipperary and we were both told the same thing- all the standing tickets were sold by 5 past nine this morning.

I'm after going in to my local ticketmaster and I was told the same thing, that it is sold out. I was on the site since 9 this morning trying to book. I don't understand how they can say they were sold out this quickly. There was plenty of people on this thread alone trying to book as early as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

*sigh* And here was me thinking I could probably pick up two standing tickets a week after they came out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

In fairness, if they are sold out, I'll be amazed.
    If there is that sort of an audience for her, why were the tickets less than forty euro?

*sigh* And here was me thinking I could probably pick up two standing tickets a week after they came out.

I thought the exact same thing. You can still get standing and pretty deadly seating tickets in the American Express system so I still stand by that there is a glitch in the system. The outlets have the same pool as online, I imagine the glitch is in the allocation of tickets and they are still caught in the American Express system.

I thought the exact same thing. You can still get standing and pretty deadly seating tickets in the American Express system so I still stand by that there is a glitch in the system. The outlets have the same pool as online, I imagine the glitch is in the allocation of tickets and they are still caught in the American Express system.

Hopefully it will all clear up soon then and we can see where we really stand with regard to tickets and their availability..

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Ugh, I just had to beg the dad to use his American Express card and I got standing tickets. That's ridiculous, I shouldn't have had to do that.

I'd imagine that very few tickets have actually been sold if this is a glitch in the system..

I can picture a couple of hundred fans in the 02 running around waving their American Express cards in the air cheering "yay"..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I think Green Day are still a much bigger draw than Katy Perry, from a general perspective. They have been around the block a few times, have arguably more (hit) singles and can pull in the numbers to headline venues such as Wembley Stadium.

Perry's still at an early stage in her career. She may be playing an arena here but a lot of the venues on her Euro tour are theatres. Personally I feel she hasn't quite made that transition from new artist to the big leagues as Lady Gaga has done, but that could change in the next few years.

Advertisement