Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katy Perry Teenage Dream Tour - All discussion - no ticket sales/swaps/advertising.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jennyfer

Was on computer from 8.45, didnt change from "currently not on sale" to "buy tickets now" until about 9.50. And I was trying constantly, over and over. Then went through the selection process and came up as not available. A joke, am so disappointed as was birthday present for my daughter. These pre-sales are ridiculous, nothing fair about them at all and I dont know how they get away with it. Is always the same, fans end up havin to pay above face value, for already over-priced concerts, to touts. I think at this point even if a second date was added Im not going to bother. Ive already wasted half my day and a good lie-on! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭slave2thewage

It must be a glitch, it keeps offering me the same nosebleed seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

spurious wrote: »
    In fairness, if they are sold out, I'll be amazed.
    If there is that sort of an audience for her, why were the tickets less than forty euro?

Many reasons
    1 It's her first world tour and She's only had 2 albums.
    2 I suspect AMEX may be sponsoring this tour = less overheads for her management,Mcd = Cheaper tickets.

Honestly though i think she's been undervalued by whoever sets the prices so they can sell out every show. Just remember that when tickets for her next tour are 70 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

You would think at this stage with all the complaining about not getting tickets, that the people at ticketmaster etc would sort this site out now. I'm really fed up at this stage. Even if they put on another concert, who's to say that it won't be the same problem booking again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 kate747

i got standing katy perry tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 rochtray

kate747 wrote: »

how? when? where?

Can I ask you how did you go about getting your tickets. Did you book them online - what time?

Words cannot express my rage right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

How'd you manage that?

I've been trawling the internet since 8:45 trying to find tickets! Am looking for 4 standing tickets to take a friends for one of their birthdays:( And I've no way of getting my hands on an American express, am on the verge of pulling my hair out at this stage, surely if there's a glitch or some issues they an sort it out asap?

I know exactly how you are feeling, believe me :mad: I was out about 1 hour ago to my local ticketmaster and when I was driving, someone pulled out in front of me. The language was blue in my car :mad: I just feel frustrated at the moment. I was so looking forward to this concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 rochtray

same here!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

DO NOT POST LINKS TO TICKETS - ESPECIALLY TOUTS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Does anybody else find it strange that when the people who claim they have standing tickets are asked how they got them, they don't reply? Who are these people, really?

Regarding tickets on sale on second-hand seller sites such as ebay and seatwave and viagogo etc, two things: (1) The presale was on thursday, and standing tickets were easily available there; and so weren't necessarily bought today. (2) touts often list tickets for sale on those sites before they have even bought them, because they are so certain they will get them.

sorry i was busy i got the priority tickets because im with o2. so i got my tickets on thursday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

thought as much.

So -STILL no known cases of non-AMEX standing tickets being bought this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Thataone

sorry i was busy i got the priority tickets because im with o2. so i got my tickets on thursday morning

Lucky thing! Enjoy!

I'm with o2 but when I tried to get tickets I was told all priority tickets were gone. Having said that, I only copped that I could get them with 02 early this morning (8:45) which was stupid of me but all the same, still annoying as anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 polkadots1900

shud be a good gig

About priority tickets - when you sign up for these, is it straight forward enough. Does it involve a subscription fee every week etc. I know a lot of these type of things come with this hidden charge. I wouldn't mind signing up for them but wouldn't want to commit myself to paying every week etc either.

Graceland wrote: »
    About priority tickets - when you sign up for these, is it straight forward enough. Does it involve a subscription fee every week etc. I know a lot of these type of things come with this hidden charge. I wouldn't mind signing up for them but wouldn't want to commit myself to paying every week etc either.
    I'm not O2 but I've had mates get me codes before for Depeche Mode and Lady Gaga. You text O2, get a code and go to the O2 Blue Room site for a link to the ticket page.

I'm not O2 but I've had mates get me codes before for Depeche Mode and Lady Gaga. You text O2, get a code and go to the O2 Blue Room site for a link to the ticket page.

I was reading about it and it said when you sign up, they send you an email about upcoming concerts, then if you want to go to any, they send you a code in a text. But the thing I want to know is if you have to pay on a weekly basis for this service - sort of the way you see others charging subscriptions for things like competitions etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I was reading about it and it said when you sign up, they send you an email about upcoming concerts, then if you want to go to any, they send you a code in a text. But the thing I want to know is if you have to pay on a weekly basis for this service - sort of the way you see others charging subscriptions for things like competitions etc.

Not if you're on 02. I think it's included with being on 02, so if you have a friend on 02, who isn't going to a concert you want to go to, you could use their code.

Not if you're on 02. I think it's included with being on 02, so if you have a friend on 02, who isn't going to a concert you want to go to, you could use their code.

Thanks. I'm going to sign up now and maybe if Katy does another concert, I might have some chance in getting tickets.
    Do you think ticketmaster will ever take that american express off their site. I've been checking all day.

Has Ticketmaster even acknowledged that there's a problem yet, or is everyone there still saying sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kellylouise07

i got standing tickets dis morning :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

DO NOT POST LINKS TO TICKETS. DO NOT PROMOTE TOUTS. BANS FROM HERE ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Has Ticketmaster even acknowledged that there's a problem yet, or is everyone there still saying sold out?

so what if there was a problem fact is its sold out now, move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kellylouise07

there couldnt have been a problem i managed to get standing tickets a 9 dis morning at an outlet and by 5 past there were no more standing availabe and den by about 20 past half past it was sold out completly

so what if there was a problem fact is its sold out now, move on.

No need to be so hostile, I'm just asking a question.

no its completely free, u jst get a message every now and again telling u about latest concerts

• Advertisement

can i just say that the tickets are NOT sold out as i just checked and on the very first page you just ignore the american express thing and just put in how many tickets you need, then after you put in the captcha and so on it brings you to the checkout where you can use your normal credit card. Unfortunately though the standing tickets are sold out.

Advertisement