Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katy Perry Teenage Dream Tour - All discussion - no ticket sales/swaps/advertising.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

kate747 wrote: »
    can i just say that the tickets are NOT sold out as i just checked and on the very first page you just ignore the american express thing and just put in how many tickets you need, then after you put in the captcha and so on it brings you to the checkout where you can use your normal credit card. Unfortunately though the standing tickets are sold out.

Yeah, they're not.

Which is why I asked if Ticketmaster had acknowledged that there's a problem yet? - The only response I got was people telling me their sold out when they're obviously not if Express card holders can still get them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 kate747

Yeah, they're not.

Which is why I asked if Ticketmaster had acknowledged that there's a problem yet? - The only response I got was people telling me their sold out when they're obviously not if Express card holders can still get them.

well u c there is no problem or error anyone can get tickets not just american express card holders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

bren2001 wrote: »
    The standing section in the O2 is massive and the seats can only come down so far. Ive been there several times and if Green Day couldnt sell this place out Katy Perry cant.

The standing area for this concert is actually going to be considerably smaller than usual, as the seating tickets I bought for the lower section seating area were for row 13, and the seats don't usually start until row 21 for concerts with standing sections.

Saying that Katy Perry can't sell out the O2 because Green Day can't is ridiculous. There are so many factors that contribute to concerts selling out or not. Green Day have played in Ireland countless of times, the novelty off seeing them live is bound to wear off. On the other hand this is Katy Perrys first major headline tour in Ireland. Plus you have the fact thats Christmas is coming, so people buying tickets as presents etc.

By the way just so people are aware standing tickets were available at ticketmaster outlets this morning, at least 10 people in front of me in the queue got standing tickets, unfortunately I missed out, but was happy to get seated tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Majestic 12

can i just say that the tickets are NOT sold out as i just checked and on the very first page you just ignore the american express thing and just put in how many tickets you need, then after you put in the captcha and so on it brings you to the checkout where you can use your normal credit card. Unfortunately though the standing tickets are sold out.

I just tried to get tickets there using this method but unfortunatly when you get to the payment stage, you can only pay with an American Express.

Is there anyway around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

I just tried to get tickets there using this method but unfortunatly when you get to the payment stage, you can only pay with an American Express.

Is there anyway around this?

I'm wondering the exact same thing myself. I tried to book just now and tickets did come up for me, but when I went into the payment page - on the bit where you pick your credit card, it only says american express.
    Further up on this thread someone said that you can still go ahead and book even at this stage regardless of whether you have american express. So how do I book if I don't have american express. On the part where it says "select credit card" - can I just leave the heading as "select card type" and then just put in my visa number in the credit card number bit.
    I don't know what other way it can be done. But I'm afraid to do this incase it's wrong but I'm still billed and don't get any tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

i got standing tickets dis morning :)

2 posts? I don't trust this poster. Same as I don't trust the other people who've said they got standing tickets this morning.

I'd urge people to be wary of posts like this.

Re: O2 Pre-sale.

The process is as simple as this: You go to www.o2blueroom.ie where it has a specific word that you text to a 51*** number from an O2 phone. It's free. They reply with a unique presale code for you. When the presale tickets go on sale, you can buy them by entering this code. It's all free, and it is that simple. There's nothing complicated and there is absolutely no extra or hidden charge.

Not being funny, kate, but you've just entirely contradicted yourself. Well, almost. The main issue on this thread has been the standing tickets. That's what we're all mainly concerned with.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I don't see what the fuss is about, there is a smaller standing area for this concert as pointed out. I'd be amazed if it's not sold out by now. Plenty of bands sell out venues in the first few minutes.

There seems to be some deal with American Express and the o2, and their may be some tickets left through this method but i don't think these will last long.

lordgoat wrote: »
    I don't see what the fuss is about, there is a smaller standing area for this concert as pointed out. I'd be amazed if it's not sold out by now. Plenty of bands sell out venues in the first few minutes.

There seems to be some deal with American Express and the o2, and their may be some tickets left through this method but i don't think these will last long.

It's not a case of it selling out within minutes. If the regular standing tickets did indeed go on sale, then they sold out within seconds.

Also, nobody has heard of anyone who has a standing ticket (non-presale or non-Amex.) Not on facebook, not on Katy Perry's official website, and not on boards.ie.

That's what the fuss is about. i.e. that there were never any non-presale or non-Amex standing tickets made available.

The smaller standing area is entirely irrelevant, as it would have to be so small that there were only about ten tickets on sale in order for it to make any impact on this issue.

Not only that, but the Amex tickets were officially off-sale on Friday. The Ticketmaster Katy Perry page states this still; yet there is still access to Amex tickets even now, more than 24 hours after the Amex sale "ended." And there are still no standing tickets available to non-Amex customers.

Everything I've just said? That is what all the fuss is about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Just tried again and there are standing tickets if you are an American express customer.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kellylouise07

whirlpool wrote: »
    2 posts? I don't trust this poster. Same as I don't trust the other people who've said they got standing tickets this morning.

I'd urge people to be wary of posts like this.

i dont care if you dont believe me i know that im goin in march im just letting people know that people were able to get standing tickets unfortunalty others wernt

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

It's incredibly frustrasting.. I was trying to get three seat tickets together last night but the website won't let me :mad:

It's not a case of it selling out within minutes. If the regular standing tickets did indeed go on sale, then they sold out within seconds.

Also, nobody has heard of anyone who has a standing ticket (non-presale or non-Amex.) Not on facebook, not on Katy Perry's official website, and not on boards.ie.

That's what the fuss is about. i.e. that there were never any non-presale or non-Amex standing tickets made available.

The smaller standing area is entirely irrelevant, as it would have to be so small that there were only about ten tickets on sale in order for it to make any impact on this issue.

Not only that, but the Amex tickets were officially off-sale on Friday. The Ticketmaster Katy Perry page states this still; yet there is still access to Amex tickets even now, more than 24 hours after the Amex sale "ended." And there are still no standing tickets available to non-Amex customers.

Everything I've just said? That is what all the fuss is about.

Well at least one poster on boards has tickets but you're ignoring her.

I've been a mod here for 3 + years and see gigs in the olympia/vicar street/o2 sell out instantly. As in i've been on clicking refresh before they went on sale until after they went on sale and not gotten any, standing or seated. Look at the recent National concerts there, three gigs sold out before 9:30 or so. Look at the Arcade Fire gig in the o2, that sold out by 9:05.

The fact that you didn't get tickets is harsh and if there has been some kind of mix-up i'll apologise and admit i got it wrong but at the moment all the fuss i find to be just people complaining that they didn't get ticket's. It happens.

I've been a mod here for 3 + years and see gigs in the olympia/vicar street/o2 sell out instantly. As in i've been on clicking refresh before they went on sale until after they went on sale and not gotten any, standing or seated. Look at the recent National concerts there, three gigs sold out before 9:30 or so. Look at the Arcade Fire gig in the o2, that sold out by 9:05.

The fact that you didn't get tickets is harsh and if there has been some kind of mix-up i'll apologise and admit i got it wrong but at the moment all the fuss i find to be just people complaining that they didn't get ticket's. It happens.

I don't think that is the reason why people are complaining (myself included). If the concert was sold out quickly, then that is fair enough. But this doesn't seem to be the case. I've just tried to book 2 seated tickets just now. 2 good seats are available for me to buy, but only if I have american express - that's the problem people are facing and it is so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

It doesn't look sold out. I tried there and I could use Amex for standing tickets.

My spidey sense is telling me this is an error with the Ticketmaster system. Perhaps it will be rectified come Monday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They are still not sold out.
    My brother in the US just bought four tickets (using an Amex card) for a friend of mine.

No one uses Amex here, most shops hate it because they take so long to pay businesses. I would very much doubt any gig would be sold out to Irish Amex users - unless maybe a standing only gig in my front room.

Let's hope they do change it otherwise Katy Perry is going to be really disappointed in her lack of fans, lol.

I didn't ignore her, I in fact addressed her post directly and pointed out how suspicious her post is. She signed up to boards.ie solely to tell a thread full of annoyed people that she got a ticket? It's a suspicious post no matter what way you look at it.

I'd also like to (again) point out the fact this show supposedly "sold out" in minutes - and yet nobody has heard of anyone who got hold of a non-presale non-Amex ticket? Can you see the issue here?

I'm disregarding that one poster you say got a ticket, on the grounds that her post is suspicious. As a moderator, I'm sure you can understand this.

And again - the standing tickets are not sold out. They are still available to Amex customers.

So what have we learned?
    • The standing tickets are not sold out
    • They are available solely to Amex customers
    • Nobody has heard of anyone who got hold of a standing ticket yesterday, and yet we are expected to believe that they "sold out" ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rochtray

I didn't ignore her, I in fact addressed her post directly and pointed out how suspicious her post is. She signed up to boards.ie solely to tell a thread full of annoyed people that she got a ticket? It's a suspicious post no matter what way you look at it.

I'd also like to (again) point out the fact this show supposedly "sold out" in minutes - and yet nobody has heard of anyone who got hold of a non-presale non-Amex ticket? Can you see the issue here?

I'm disregarding that one poster you say got a ticket, on the grounds that her post is suspicious. As a moderator, I'm sure you can understand this.

And again - the standing tickets are not sold out. They are still available to Amex customers.

So what have we learned?
    • The standing tickets are not sold out
    • They are available solely to Amex customers
    • Nobody has heard of anyone who got hold of a standing ticket yesterday, and yet we are expected to believe that they "sold out" ??

I totally agree with all of that, were not complaining that there sold out, were just wodering are they sold out, because nobody knows nobody who got standing tickets yesterday morning without a Amex card

• Advertisement

Joe Duffy mentioned the problem on twitter. His daughter couldn't book tickets either. So maybe he'll get something sorted out.

magnumlady wrote: »
    Joe Duffy mentioned the problem on twitter. His daughter couldn't book tickets either. So maybe he'll get something sorted out.

That is gaaaaas, lol

edit to shorten the thread

Maybe she joined to point out that she and presumably others got tickets. Nothing suspicious about that in my eyes.
    Also haven't people posted up saying they got standing tickets from ticketmaster outlets? If so, i'd guess touts will have a field day ay this concert.

Katy Perry/o2 has some deal with American Express where they have a deal for priority tickets.

Maybe these won't sell out and will come back on sale. Maybe there was a fu-ck up. I don't think so, but sure we'll find out.

Joe Duffy's twitter comment, Maybe he can work his magic for us!

"What was the problem with Katy Perry tickets ?-the American Express embargo frustrated my daughters attempts to get tickets ...unusual ?"

Maybe these won't sell out and will come back on sale. Maybe there was a fu-ck up. I don't think so, but sure we'll find out.

There was a problem. The American express ticket priority sale was meant to end at midnight on Friday but it didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hurler99

I had the same problem. Up early hoping to buy 5 tickets for kids Christmas present. They love Katy Perry. Site said tickets unavailable at 9 am. I kept refreshing site every minute and at around 9.45 I was allowed in to buy but by then I got the usual page about trying again. Gutted!!

I'm just after trying again and the only tickets you can buy using American Express are single ones now. Even if they change the site, it's too late for me now as I wanted 2 seats together. I can't believe this is happening. I'm so MAD. I've just wasted my whole weekend hoping to get tickets. They should be ashamed of themselves letting fans down like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hurler99

I emailed ticketmaster customer services on Saturday stating my complaint and had an email back saying I'd get a reply within 24 hours. Nothing. I have emailed them again asking for an explanation.
    Think this is one for the wonderful Joe Duffy! I hope he brings it up on his show tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

• Advertisement

sisco wrote: »

I don't know how they can say it is sold out because I'm after putting in 1 ticket through the american express part just now and I got an available seat if I wanted it (Block D - Row 15 - Seat 100) I went to the payment bit to see what it was like and the only credit card that is listed here is still the same as it always was - american express. I still think there is problems with the site no matter what they say, otherwise no available tickets would have come up at all.

Advertisement