Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katy Perry Teenage Dream Tour - All discussion - no ticket sales/swaps/advertising.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Graceland wrote: »
    I don't know how they can say it is sold out because I'm after putting in 1 ticket through the american express part

You kinda answered your own question there. this is mcd making the statement not ticketmaster or the o2. As far as mcd are concerned they got their allocation and sold it so as far as they're concerned it's sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

hynesie08 wrote: »
    You kinda answered your own question there. this is mcd making the statement not ticketmaster or the o2. As far as mcd are concerned they got their allocation and sold it so as far as they're concerned it's sold out.

It also says on the O2 site that it is sold out, but if you go direct to ticketmasters site, you can still buy tickets through american express.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It also says on the O2 site that it is sold out, but if you go direct to ticketmasters site, you can still buy tickets through american express.

Well the o2 are wrong to say that obviously, But i still think mcd are allowed say it.

Just checked out ticketmaster.co.uk and they have the amex preferred seating thing as well. If this was a plan by amex to launch themselves in the uk/ireland (which i think it was supposed to be) it's backfired horrifically.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    If this was a plan by amex to launch themselves in the uk/ireland (which i think it was supposed to be) it's backfired horrifically.

It sure did.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

It sure did.

I think that's debatable.

Concert goer fails to get tickets yet finds out if he had an Amex card he could have gotten them.

Concert goer needs to get a new credit card. All of a sudden Amex is looking more attractive. Apart from being a decent credit card as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I don't blame Amex, I entirely blame Ticketmaster OR whosever decision it was to make it Amex-only. It still does not make any sense - the Amex-only sale officially ended the day before the public sale. So no, I don't think making it entirely Amex-only was ever the plan. And there are not enough Katy Perry fans in Ireland with Amex-cards to explain how it could possibly have "sold out!"

MCD announcing that it is "sold out" neither justifies nor explains the way this sale was handled. A lot of questions are still left unanswered, and a lot of mysteries regarding this issue are still entirely unsolved.

We deserve answers and explanations. None of this makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I have an Amex card, maybe I should start a business selling tickets on to boardsies lol.

From reading the PR it looks like the entire tour has some kind of sponsorship or deal for Amex customers. I've definetly seen this with at least one other artist who played the O2 in the past but I can't remember who it was.

I have an Amex card, maybe I should start a business selling tickets on to boardsies lol.

From reading the PR it looks like the entire tour has some kind of sponsorship or deal for Amex customers. I've definetly seen this with at least one other artist who played the O2 in the past but I can't remember who it was.

Yes this is definitely true. However, the Amex part of the deal was listed as ending on Friday, with the general sale starting on Saturday - and this is not how it ended up playing out.

whirlpool wrote: »
    Yes this is definitely true. However, the Amex part of the deal was listed as ending on Friday, with the general sale starting on Saturday - and this is not how it ended up playing out.

The general sale did start on saturday and lots of people got tickets.

The Amex tickets took longer to sell, but o2/MCD don't really care about this as Amex would probably have bought the tickets as part of the deal. Pre sales normally work by there are X number of tickets on sale until they're bought.

I know it's really peculiar. Amex must have a specific allocation of tickets separate cause there's still tickets available through the "preferred seating" option. Maybe it just sold out to the general public super fast?

I wouldn't be surprised if another date is added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

lordgoat wrote: »
    The general sale did start on saturday and lots of people got tickets.

The Amex tickets took longer to sell, but o2/MCD don't really care about this as Amex would probably have bought the tickets as part of the deal. Pre sales normally work by there are X number of tickets on sale until they're bought.

That's actually a fairly solid theory.. The only reason it wouldn't happen so often is because usually if a gig was going to sell out as fast as this was supposedly did, the pre-sales would have been gone too. Because it was AMEX though, and not many people have an AMEX card, there were still plenty of AMEX tickets left even after the General Sale tickets sold out so quickly. So that might explain why you can still get AMEX tickets but not any other ones..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 MicroLoz

Hopefully since she said on xfactor that shed be coming back to the uk as the shows their are sold out, that hopefully means we shall get an extra date added aswell. Wud be brilliant if true.

MicroLoz wrote: »
    Hopefully since she said on xfactor that shed be coming back to the uk as the shows their are sold out, that hopefully means we shall get an extra date added aswell. Wud be brilliant if true.

It would be absolutely brilliant if she added another date in Dublin. Let's hope all of us who were left disappointed this time will get tickets. We don't need another farce like this happening.

It would be absolutely brilliant if she added another date in Dublin. Let's hope all of us who were left disappointed this time will get tickets. We don't need another farce like this happening.

Farce? Bizarre. If another date goes on sale expect the method to be the same as the first one. Why change it. The gig sold out in seconds.

I'd learn from the experience and if you want a standing ticket, try and get a presale one (there might not be a presale this time) or be prepared to physically queue outside of a ticketmaster outlet and hope they haven't sold out by the time your order is processed. I'd recommend a larger outlet that is used to getting tickets.

Yeah, I don't think this was any farce. Either it sold out super quick or a a lot of people bought tickets using an Amex card, or both.

I didn't think it would sell out that quickly but €33 is good value for Katy Perry and an O2 gig in general (considering the work that typically goes in to the stage sets and all). She was worth seeing at Oxegen when she played that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Would love to go to this I might try get my sisters together and see if they want to plan a night out to it :)

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    Would love to go to this I might try get my sisters together and see if they want to plan a night out to it :)

Well, unless you have an AMEX card...

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

Checked on ticketmaster last night and plenty of tickets are availabe if you have Amex credit card..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭bren2001

I got an email from ticketmaster today:

Dear customer

Thank you for your email.

Please note that the Katy Perry onsale was heavily oversubscribed. Although there was an extremely large volume of traffic through our website, no general system errors have been reported by our technical team. If you experienced a long wait whilst trying to obtain tickets, this was due to the sheer weight of numbers trying to access the site.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Unfortunately when demand so exceeds supply, some disappointment is inevitable. Customers are advised to keep checking back to our site in case more tickets become available closer to the date of the events.

The American Express sale was a separate allocation of tickets for American Express card holders. These were still available after general sale sold out as full allocation did not sell straight away

Yours faithfully,

Customer Services Department
    Ticketmaster Ireland
    Grafton House
    70 Grafton St
    Dublin 2

bren2001 wrote: »
    I got an email from ticketmaster today:

Dear customer

Thank you for your email.

Please note that the Katy Perry onsale was heavily oversubscribed. Although there was an extremely large volume of traffic through our website, no general system errors have been reported by our technical team. If you experienced a long wait whilst trying to obtain tickets, this was due to the sheer weight of numbers trying to access the site.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Unfortunately when demand so exceeds supply, some disappointment is inevitable. Customers are advised to keep checking back to our site in case more tickets become available closer to the date of the events.

The American Express sale was a separate allocation of tickets for American Express card holders. These were still available after general sale sold out as full allocation did not sell straight away

Yours faithfully,

Customer Services Department
    Ticketmaster Ireland
    Grafton House
    70 Grafton St
    Dublin 2

That answers that then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

How about the fact that the general release tickets didn't appear for sale online until 9:25?

So, some questions answered now. I think that allowing the Amex-only sale to continue past the official end time was ridiculous and extremely frustrating, and unfair to fans. I still find it very hard to believe that there are sufficient Amex-card-holding Irish Katy Perry fans to fill that quota. There is still the strange issue of the tickets going on sale twenty minutes late, the also-strange issue of Katy Perry selling out in minutes and faster than Lady Gaga and the Script, and the strangest issue of all (!!) i.e. this concert selling out in record time, and yet nobody knows anyone who actually got a damn general-sale standing ticket! Oh, except for our 3-post kate, of course. Anyway, on behalf of music fans everywhere I'd just like to say a massive F-U to ticketmaster and the see you next tuesdays who operate it. Good night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 kate747

So, some questions answered now. I think that allowing the Amex-only sale to continue past the official end time was ridiculous and extremely frustrating, and unfair to fans. I still find it very hard to believe that there are sufficient Amex-card-holding Irish Katy Perry fans to fill that quota. There is still the strange issue of the tickets going on sale twenty minutes late, the also-strange issue of Katy Perry selling out in minutes and faster than Lady Gaga and the Script, and the strangest issue of all (!!) i.e. this concert selling out in record time, and yet nobody knows anyone who actually got a damn general-sale standing ticket! Oh, except for our 3-post kate, of course. Anyway, on behalf of music fans everywhere I'd just like to say a massive F-U to ticketmaster and the see you next tuesdays who operate it. Good night.

i never said i got it through general release i got it through o2 priority

Do not make a jibe at another user like this again.

And again there's nothing stranage about what happened at all apart from you not being able to follow what happened.

Also where did it state the AmEx pre sale had an end time. As i've pointed out this is generally not how pre sales work.

You're anger at ticketmaster is again bizzare and mis placed.

Katy Perry had one concert in the o2 the script are Irish and doing a nationwide tour and have played alot over the last 12 months. It's pretty obvious to me who would be more popular.

Lady Gaga also sold out quicker than Katy Perry. Tickets for her were gone by 9:15 if memory serves.

And this concert did not sell out in record time, ridiculous statement.

I don't believe there was an issue with tickets not going on sale until 9:25, i just think there was such a demand that the server load was heavy. This is backed up by the email from MCD above, but hey it's only one email so maybe you'll ignore that as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 kate747

Does anyone else think that most of the standing tickets were just sold out through o2 priority? After all the standing area for this concert is supposed to be considerably smaller than usual and o2 priority accounts for 15 per cent of the overall ticket sales

kate747 wrote: »
    i never said i got it through general release i got it through o2 priority

kate747 I apologise, I mixed your post up with someone else's - kellylouise07's. They were both similar posts, sorry about that.

Do not make a jibe at another user like this again.

"Jibe?" Are you for real? That was not a jibe. It was neither intended as "a jibe" nor did it, to me, vaguely even resemble a "jibe." It was a re-iteration of my suspiciousness of that post. There was nothing offensive, to me, about pointing out the fact that the poster had made very few posts. In fact, being suspicious of forum users with very few posts, whose only posts are questionable when you look at the evidence, would be commonplace amongst forum users and (especially) forum moderators on the net. But, nevermind. Point is, it wasn't intended as "a jibe" at all.

And again there's nothing stranage about what happened at all apart from you not being able to follow what happened.

Also where did it state the AmEx pre sale had an end time. As i've pointed out this is generally not how pre sales work.

It clearly stated on the "Onsale Dates & Times" section that the AmEx pre sale was ending on Friday.

And you are right - I can not follow what happened. And if you read through this thread, I'm not the only one. And since nobody can explain multiple queries people have about the sale, yes it is still strange.

You're anger at ticketmaster is again bizzare and mis placed.

Katy Perry had one concert in the o2 the script are Irish and doing a nationwide tour and have played alot over the last 12 months. It's pretty obvious to me who would be more popular.

Lady Gaga also sold out quicker than Katy Perry. Tickets for her were gone by 9:15 if memory serves.

And this concert did not sell out in record time, ridiculous statement.

No, it is not a ridiculous statement. My point was that going by appearances, it had sold out in "record time." Clearly it did not sell out since the next day standing tickets were still available. You misunderstood my post.

I don't believe there was an issue with tickets not going on sale until 9:25, i just think there was such a demand that the server load was heavy. This is backed up by the email from MCD above, but hey it's only one email so maybe you'll ignore that as well.

Yes there was an issue with tickets not going on sale at 9am. The page did not allow you to select tickets until at least 9.15am.
    This is backed up by the email from MCD above, but hey it's only one email so maybe you'll ignore that as well.

If you choose to believe everything you're told by these companies, that is your prerogative. I, on the other hand, like the vast majority of people in this thread appear to, will remain sceptical of their intentions when something like this happens.

kate747 I apologise, I mixed your post up with someone else's - kellylouise07's. They were both similar posts, sorry about that.

"Jibe?" Are you for real? That was not a jibe. It was neither intended as "a jibe" nor did it, to me, vaguely even resemble a "jibe." It was a re-iteration of my suspiciousness of that post. There was nothing offensive, to me, about pointing out the fact that the poster had made very few posts. In fact, being suspicious of forum users with very few posts, whose only posts are questionable when you look at the evidence, would be commonplace amongst forum users and (especially) forum moderators on the net. But, nevermind. Point is, it wasn't intended as "a jibe" at all.

I viewed it as a jibe as all you've done is ignore this users posts as she has a low post count. The warning stands. As does this one, to serious conside your tone before posting in here again.

It clearly stated on the "Onsale Dates & Times" section that the AmEx pre sale was ending on Friday.

It stated start dates only from what i remember. Like it does for most presales. Reasons for tickets still being available through the AmEx system have already been outlined in this thread.

And you are right - I can not follow what happened. And if you read through this thread, I'm not the only one. And since nobody can explain multiple queries people have about the sale, yes it is still strange.

No most posters have a clear idea of what happened. Lots os people tried to get tickets at the same time. Many are disappointed.

No, it is not a ridiculous statement. My point was that going by appearances, it had sold out in "record time." Clearly it did not sell out since the next day standing tickets were still available. You misunderstood my post.

Yes it did sell out, see the MCD site, the AmEx presale is an entirely different allotment of tickets.

Yes there was an issue with tickets not going on sale at 9am. The page did not allow you to select tickets until at least 9.15am.

This often happens with concerts due to so many people online at the same time.

If you choose to believe everything you're told by these companies, that is your prerogative. I, on the other hand, like the vast majority of people in this thread appear to, will remain sceptical of their intentions when something like this happens.

Their intentions? What do you think their intentions are? To sell all the tickets for Katy Perry. Well if that's the case they got what they wanted.

I think this has gone on long enough. If you want to continue it further drop me a PM. Cheers.

Gig talk from here on please.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

I just bought one seated ticket in the middle of Block L through ticketmaster in the regular way. Very decent seat, single one though.
    I recommend to you guys to check back regularly on the ticketmaster site, since every once in a while tickets show up again. Last Sunday evening at 11pm standing tickets were available for a few minutes in the regular way. They will most likely release bigger batches of tickets again in Jan or Feb next year (they did the same thing with Rage against the machine this year). I know entering the captcha with limited chances of success is annoying, but it might be worth trying... :)

cheers!

sabrewulf

sabrewulf wrote: »
    I just bought one seated ticket in the middle of Block L through ticketmaster in the regular way. Very decent seat, single one though.
    I recommend to you guys to check back regularly on the ticketmaster site, since every once in a while tickets show up again. Last Sunday evening at 11pm standing tickets were available for a few minutes in the regular way. They will most likely release bigger batches of tickets again in Jan or Feb next year (they did the same thing with Rage against the machine this year). I know entering the captcha with limited chances of success is annoying, but it might be worth trying... :)

cheers!

sabrewulf

Sound advice. This happens with all gigs really not just this one.

I know that if you try and book more than the alloted amount of tickets for one credit card you transaction will initially go through but will subsequently be cancelled and these tickets will go back into the system. I think it happens with certain cards too when you go over the limit it allows the transaction again but cancels the tickets ishortly after.

It helps when users posts up availability like you just have and shares the help around. Well done on getting tickets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 kellylouise07

@whirlpool i understand dat me joining this site was suspicious but why wud i go out of my way to piss people off i only joined to let people know that yes tickets were available to the general public becase i went to a ticket master outlet and got my standing tickets the time printed on my ticket is 9.01 i dont care if you dont believe me ive been trying to upload a picture of my ticket but for some reason it wont allow me if youve any ideas on how i can prove to you i got tickets so u can get over it den let me know!

Advertisement