Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Banksy's Simpsons intro..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Daith wrote: »
    I stopped collecting at season 10. Most of the commentaries on those are better than the next ten seasons.

Me too. Well, I went as far as Season 11 but later sold it. Would have sold Season 10 too but I'm a sucker for tidiness. I think Season 10 is probably that bit at the very top of the roller coaster where the cart slows right down and gradually edges towards the horrible plunge. Season 9 is the real last good season.

As for banksy, I never got the appeal either but it's far from jealousy. Dislike and envy aren't the same thing, no matter what fanboys like to believe. He was interesting enough in the beginning when he was an anonymous graffiti artist (who actually could be artistic) but he's all commercial now, and the harsh glare of publicity is starting to show up just how shallow a lot of his work is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

clived2 wrote: »
    Oh i get it,

Banksy`s become way to mainstream popular for those hip and trendy people, the very people who would name drop him in his early years to show their edgeness,

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me."

Nah, I don't think it's that either! He's just crap. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Pathetic attempt by an irrelevant show to hang onto its last remaining shreds of credibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

orourkeda wrote: »
    Art is pretentious ****. Full stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Wompa1 wrote: »
    He doesn't own boards...or most of the internet. If your relying on just his companies as your news source you'd be in trouble anyway. I wouldn't begrudge him his success. There's still alternatives.
    Yeah true but youd be surprised how few people own companies that own companies that own companies.

I did a lecture with Eoin Deveraux at the university of limerick on media ownership. This guy literally wrote the book(s) on this kind of stuff. My figures might be off by a country mile but all i know is that after taking the lecture, I didnt rely on the established media so much...even reputable channels such as sky news.

Advertisement