Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keys-inspired DLC...

Options
  • 11-10-2010 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Since the Eurogamer Expo I've been thinking about RB3 an unhealthy amount. Some of those thoughts have been about post-RB3 DLC.

I think Bat Out of Hell by Meat Loaf would be a perfect track for the game. It would be pretty high-tier on every instrument (top tier for most) and it highlights keys and vocal harmonies! If you're not familiar with the song, then all hope it lost.

The obvious stuff is to patch things like Queen, Boston, Grateful Dead, Journey etc., but I'd like your thoughts on new ground that DLC can break now that keys are in the game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The Final Countdown from Lego: RB ...... That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

The obvious stuff is to patch things like Queen, Boston, Grateful Dead, Journey etc., but I'd like your thoughts on new ground that DLC can break now that keys are in the game.
    calex71 wrote: »
    The Final Countdown from Lego: RB ...... That is all.

New songs!!! :p

Also, I agree...

New songs!!! :p

Also, I agree...

LoL I know but that 1 song would be worth 100 :)

I hear there is a Bon Jovi 12 pack post launch that could be interesting.

Stuff I'd like to see ? Hmmmmmmmmmm Ben Folds for a start + or - the 5 , RB3 was made for it.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Keys remake: Carry on Wayward Son, Smokin'

Keys DLC:

:P

Butterflies and Hurricanes by Muse would be insane.

• Advertisement

They should put in some beatmania songs if they can get hold of them. Imagine The Least 100 seconds on the RB! That'd be awesome

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I needs this song in the haste!

And in the extremely unlikely event they put up Good Intentions Paving Company by Joanna Newsom, I would literally cry tears of joy. Poor vocalists though, poor poor vocalists:

In short, less rock, more alternative stuffs. Alternative & Indie Band 3 doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Bat Out Of Hell would be so frickin' awesome. That song was the soundtrack to my childhood (parents were MASSIVE Meat Loaf fans :P) and playing it on RB... *goes off in a haze*

Hotaru wrote: »
    Bat Out Of Hell would be so frickin' awesome. That song was the soundtrack to my childhood (parents were MASSIVE Meat Loaf fans :P) and playing it on RB... *goes off in a haze*

That post is, word for word, the relationship I have to that song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

This would be pretty cool to play on keys:

Not only that but there's a solo for every instrument, one after another in the middle of the song.

• Advertisement

That was the most gratuitous, self-indulgent piece of music I've heard in a long time. And I enjoyed every second of it! Great recommendation Yreval :D

More Dream Theater ftw.

Heard this for the 1st time in years the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

My contribution is anything from Sonata Arctica really.

Keys w/ solo, guitar with solo, vocals with harmonies, drums with double bass and a bass guitar. Ticks all of RB3's boxes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Nockz wrote: »

My contribution is anything from Sonata Arctica really.

Keys w/ solo, guitar with solo, vocals with harmonies, drums with double bass and a bass guitar. Ticks all of RB3's boxes :p

Sonata Arctica are actually my favourite band and Flag in the Ground is gonna be available on the RBN soon, they're playtesting it! I would have preferred some of their older stuff most definitely, but it's still gonna be challenging nonetheless. Songs from Ecliptica or Silence would definitely put skilled players to the test. Would you like to see these songs guys?

Keyboard/guitar solos and double bass galore!

Sonata Arctica are actually my favourite band and Flag in the Ground is gonna be available on the RBN soon, they're playtesting it! I would have preferred some of their older stuff most definitely, but it's still gonna be challenging nonetheless. Songs from Ecliptica or Silence would definitely put skilled players to the test. Would you like to see these songs guys?

Keyboard/guitar solos and double bass galore!
    They are my favourite band too! You can't really go wrong with most of their tracks. Unia and the Last Days of Grays albums are quite different but yeah, they really accenuate the RB feature set a lot.

I thought we can't get RBN songs in Ireland though. Same reason we can't get indie games... no?

They are my favourite band too! You can't really go wrong with most of their tracks. Unia and the Last Days of Grays albums are quite different but yeah, they really accenuate the RB feature set a lot.

I thought we can't get RBN songs in Ireland though. Same reason we can't get indie games... no?

I know there's some way around it here. I think someone here mentioned it before!

Exactly , but it hasn't stopped me ;)

Just create a UK account, you'll need to use a points card because a credit card will not work as it would be an irish billing address, points are cheaper online anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

calex71 wrote: »
    Exactly , but it hasn't stopped me ;)

Just create a UK account, you'll need to use a points card because a credit card will not work as it would be an irish billing address, points are cheaper online anyway.

I must do this, there are some Sleater-Kinney and Hold Steady songs on there I really must play. Where'd you get the points out of curiosity?

I just don't get the lack of RBN in Ireland :( It could only be profitable.

Make a UK silver account and I can download RBN songs to my 360 for use by my other gold accounts? Hmmmm yup, must try this.

Make a UK silver account and I can download RBN songs to my 360 for use by my other gold accounts? Hmmmm yup, must try this.

Would the individual songs not be tied to that one account though? If the above does work I'm gonna get on it right away.

• Advertisement

Would the individual songs not be tied to that one account though? If the above does work I'm gonna get on it right away.
    No, the DLC is tied to the 360 though and might need a Live connection to work if you plan on using another tag other than the one you used to download it me thinks.

I'm always signed into live so but I can test it in a bit and check for you while offline. But the songs will work with any profile on that console.

I get my points from Live-codes.com but a points card from a shop like xtravision or hmv etc will do the trick also.

Just set up a silver account for the UK, picked up some points and success! Spent the last half hour with some of my favourites (Jumpers rocks in RB). It's a bit time consuming with setting up a new email etc.. and the RBN doesn't have a lot I recognise, but it deffo works, and on my main Irish profile too.

Life on Mars by Bowie. If you're not a fan then shame on you.

This one is all about the Piano and Vocals for me.

Not a huge fan but this would be a good one for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Hotaru wrote: »

I think the whole Bat out of Hell album would be rather cool...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Life on Mars by Bowie. If you're not a fan then shame on you.

This one is all about the Piano and Vocals for me.

"Five years" would be another strong vocal and keys Bowie number, would love that too!

I'm showing my ubercheesy side here, but either "Bronski Beat - Smalltown boy" or "Lotus Eaters - The first picture of you" would have to be my dream choices. (both for vocals and keys)

It's a bit time consuming with setting up a new email etc.. and the RBN doesn't have a lot I recognise, but it deffo works, and on my main Irish profile too.
    I always just use @googlemail.com instead of @gmail.com for mine - hey presto, instant second email address! (not much use if you don't use gmail of course...)

I know almost nothing about Biffy Clyro, but this song would also be a great fit for the games new engine! Nice for drummers too as the time signature jumps about a bit in the verses. Wish I was a good enough musician to listen and instantly know the time signatures.

Any fans here? Should I listen more?

Love some of Biffy Clyros songs

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be a fan, but that certainly sounds almost made for RB3, harmonies and all!

Was just thinking, there are a lot of songs with keys only at certain sections that are coming with RB3. I wonder will there be a lot of sitting around being bored in some songs.

Advertisement