Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you Guys think of the Htc Hero

Options
  • 11-10-2010 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering what you guys think of the Htc Hero ?

In Gereral what its like ?

You Views
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I have one - my first android phone - seems pretty good so far - a lot of reviews said it was too slow but it seems fine so far

Can be difficult to use / type on but you get used to it pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

A mate of mine has one, they feel nice in the hand It's a much better phone then the wildfire imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Do they still sell them? I have one, its quite good, but at this point I regret not going for the desire. Better performance, bigger screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

I got one last Xmas and, after 10 months of use, still think it's a great phone. Sure, there are probably faster phones out now but that's the nature of devices in this market. I'll probably upgrade at some point next year to get a faster device (staying with Android though).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've always been a Nokia man, for over 10yrs now but in Feb i decided on a change and went with a Hero and Android.

Best thing i've ever done, will never go back now, Android all the way, just hope that when Upgrade time comes around in Feb the Desire HD will be here.

Also, since it updated from 1.5 to 2.1 the diference has been even better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Hero was my first phone, was alright when it was on 1.5 but brilliant once I rooted it and got it to 2.1, however after owning a Desire since it came out I can say the Hero is a poor mans Desire. It's much laggier and can be very unresponsive at times. Still for a budget phone you can't go far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It's dated nowadays. It'll be two generations old come this time next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i don't like the camera (no flash, poor quality in low light, not great video) and i don't like the design (it's curved at the bottom for no bloody reason).

otherwise solid phone, but i had to go for the desire myself! the desire is noticably faster too of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

will it take android 2.2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i have it on rooted and running 2.2 now

• Advertisement

is the rooting easy to do.

Im picking one up tomorrow
    dunworth1 wrote: »
    i have it on rooted and running 2.2 now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Random wrote: »
    i don't like the camera (no flash, poor quality in low light, not great video) and i don't like the design (it's curved at the bottom for no bloody reason).

otherwise solid phone, but i had to go for the desire myself! the desire is noticably faster too of course.

As mentioned, it is an old phone now at this stage, development of Android phones have been scorching ahead in the last 12 months.

I like the chin on the hero though, fits nicely into my pockets, in my suit jacket, or trousers pocket it curves nicely alond my leg.

Camera is poor in lower light levels, isn't too bad when light is decent.

I'd suggest going for at least a desire though.

curves nicely around my leg what do you have a hole in your pocket :)
    As mentioned, it is an old phone now at this stage, development of Android phones have been scorching ahead in the last 12 months.

I like the chin on the hero though, fits nicely into my pockets, in my suit jacket, or trousers pocket it curves nicely alond my leg.

Camera is poor in lower light levels, isn't too bad when light is decent.

I'd suggest going for at least a desire though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

+1 for the Hero.

It is a couple of generations old at this stage. I've had mine over a year. But, it still stands up well to other lower priced phones. IMO its still better than most budget smartphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Great phone, but a bit on the slow side these days I think. I sold mine to fund a desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Still have my hero (over a year now I think). I'll be upgrading to a gingerbread device next year, but the hero does the job for me for now. Not laggy or slow to me (running froyo and its fine).

Bought it today and gave it too my misses shes is playing with her new phone now and she is loving it.

Im so jealous he hurts so so bad guys.

So Im going to get another one for myself on thursday.

Cool so mister E you put froyo on your hero was it easy to do I know compucters and linux so just wondering as never used android before ?
    isnt gingerbread out next month did I not hear that.
    Mr E wrote: »
    Still have my hero (over a year now I think). I'll be upgrading to a gingerbread device next year, but the hero does the job for me for now. Not laggy or slow to me (running froyo and its fine).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Get0fix

Mr E wrote: »

Hey Mr. E - Im still sitting on 1.5 using MCR 3.2 as it is just so damn snappy and fast.

I cant imagine moving to Froyo will render the same results. I still have the stock 2Gb SD Card. Would getting a Class 6 card thats bigger help if I upgraded to Froyo?

Advertisement