Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Clare Herald, number #1 for weather.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I trust MT knows they're using his forecasts???!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Su Campu wrote: »
    I trust MT knows they're using his forecasts???!!!
    MT & Peter O'Donnell are one and the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Fionagus wrote: »
    MT & Peter O'Donnell are one and the same!

I know that, I was just wondering does he know they copy and paste him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Su Campu wrote: »
    I know that, I was just wondering does he know they copy and paste him!

Well if not, he will now...:D
    The link on the page goes directly to his profile on Boards.ie so I suspect that he does know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Hi guys,

it would be remiss if me not to mention this is my website.

I have of course received MT's permission to use his forecast.

And of course i linked the weather forum as 'Ireland's Leading':)

Thanks for the nice comment Sponge Bob

Wolfe

ps...As a point of interest, the excellent interactive weather widget at bottom is provided by an Ennis based company called Nowcasting

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

WolfeIRE wrote: »

Thanks for the nice comment Sponge Bob

De Nada, the Clare Herald evidently sets the standard for the rest of the regional media.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I'm happy to help out, but I would imagine that an even better result would follow, if the forecast was designed for the readers in Clare. I try to keep Clare in mind more than before, but with the Boards readers to serve at the same time, I can't go off on too much of a tangent for any county. It also proves problematic that Clare is part of Munster but they get Connacht's kind of weather most of the time. But I imagine everyone there knows that, so ...

... we shall blunder on as before. :cool:

BTW, I just looked at the end of the weather segment and noticed that the nowcast does bring up a graphic of my actual location plus my area's weather forecast, so I presume that happens for anyone else (assuming the program reads your ISP and figures out where you live). It also brings up the Irish radar and not my local radar (I had to check that for a minute because of the anaprop, as it is raining here).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Just to let you know that this link is no longer operational and MT's forecast along with the askmoby weather widget can now be viewed at http://www.irishbt.com/search/label/Weather

The daily udpates of course link directly to the weather forum as well and MT's forecast is being reproduced with the express permission of the man himself.

If anyone wishes for me to add their weather station link please PM me.

Wolfe

Advertisement