Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet browsing problem

Options
  • 11-10-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

I have a acer aspire laptop. i can connect to wireless networks with no problem. However i can only browse internet on some of them. Is this a wrong setting on my laptop or is it a issue with the networks in question. Thanks in anticipation......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

jassha wrote: »
    I have a acer aspire laptop. i can connect to wireless networks with no problem. However i can only browse internet on some of them. Is this a wrong setting on my laptop or is it a issue with the networks in question. Thanks in anticipation......

If noone else sees this problem on those networks then the issue is most likely with your laptop. It sounds like you might have a static IP set on your laptop's wireless interface. What operating system is on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭jassha

windows vista

windows vista

To check whether or not you have a static IP set in Windows Vista :

Click Start and click Control Panel.
    Select Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Manage network connections from the list of tasks.
    Right click your Wireless connection and click Properties.
    Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) from the list and click the Properties button.

Make sure that both the IP address and the DNS server addresses are set to be obtained automatically.

cheers. Will try that. Thanks

both IP address and DNS server addresses are set to automatic

• Advertisement

both IP address and DNS server addresses are set to automatic

feck! Okay so do others have any similar issues on the wireless networks in questions? Also when when you are unable to browse sites, is it ALL sites that you can't access or only some sites?

one other person has similar problem on one particular network. Other people have no problem and have compared settings and all seem to be same. I can open google home page . i can open g mail. i can load this site. however if i type in a search it will bring up search results but wont allow me to connect to any of them??????

one other person has similar problem on one particular network. Other people have no problem and have compared settings and all seem to be same. I can open google home page . i can open g mail. i can load this site. however if i type in a search it will bring up search results but wont allow me to connect to any of them??????

Okay you'll have to rule out a virus problem first. Have a look here and follow the instructions. A lot of viruses can cause unpredictable behaviour like you describe.

says that ERUNT is not for windows vista??????

says that ERUNT is not for windows vista??????

Apparently it does. See the FAQ for Erunt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

bhickey wrote: »
    Apparently it does. See the FAQ for Erunt.

or try this: Download, install, update manually and scan.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

This is used on a lot of the PC tech forums and its excellent. Depending on the size of your hardrive it could take an hour...be patient.

ok. computer is totally free of any spyware , malware, and viruses. none were detected during scans

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

ok. computer is totally free of any spyware , malware, and viruses. none were detected during scans

What scanner did u use?

followed the instruction in earlier post which turned out to be the same as ure post

Guys thanks for all ure help yesterday. Theproblem still exists. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Have discovered the problem. Its not my laptop but a problem between router and internet. thanks again for all the time and the help

Advertisement