Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food ideas for Halloween party

Options
  • 11-10-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi

I am planning on having a halloween party for about 20 friends, I was looking for suggestions for finger food to serve as wont have the space to seat everyone, also will have a couple of vegetarians so veggies options? I am thinking for handyness mostly cold food but will be willing to do some hot food but dont want to be watching the oven all night and also the house will be roasting if the oven is on a lot. I want to keep the costs down if possible as well. So any suggestions for cheap and cheerful party food that either you cooked or enjoyed at a party before would be greatfully recieved:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

I make these for partys a bit:
    http://www.halloween-headlines.com/recipes/pizza-mummies-recipe.htm

I usually do a veggie one with sun dried tomato, feta and red onion, some pepperoni and some cheese ones.

The size is handy for fingerfood and cause everythings cook there's not food poisoning worries. Just 10/15 mins in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Thanks Mary-Ellen great link, :) I could do veggie versions of these to suit. I plan on doing mini sausage rolls and cold chicken supreme vol-a vaunts also, but keep the ideas coming folks, any other halloween type foods would be great, maybe something with pumpkin, other than soup??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Roasted Pumkin is mmmmm yummy..You could something like skewers..Try the bbc good food website they have loverly recipes on there...Or make small roast pumpkin tartlets think it goes well with goats cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Its not really fancy finger food but I alway found that old fashioned sweeties go down well, like rice crispy cakes and fairy cakes with pumpkin faces. Halloween brings adults back to their childhood!!!:p

I also get sweets I used to eat as a kid,like candy hearts/necklaces,flying saucers,dib dabs (or whatever they were called!!) So feels like Ive been out trick or treating!!! :D

Advertisement