Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is the worst present that have got or wasnt expecting??

Options
  • 11-10-2010 12:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭

every single one of us has gotten a present from someone that was just terrible or we just didnt expect!!! i put so much thought into my bro's present and spent about 60 on him and that is an awfull lot because i was unemployed at the time, it was great , but when it came to xmas, he opened mine and was delighted and then when i opened the present he gave me , it was a giftset of 3 or 4 things in the bag, shampoo,showergel,after shave balm and a little tiny bag???he is 25 and has a job etc so i expected more :rolleyes: and plus him and his girlfriend were sitting there infront of me giving each other ghd's , computer tablets , and all these expensive things so i was like you could of given me a pressie with a bit of thought etc , and plus what e did to me , he did to the mother aswell:rolleyes::mad: she was upset ! we dont expect massive presents etc but what he gave me was the worst present !!!! hahahahah

what was yours you least expected

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Socks. :mad::mad:

However, I don't mind it so much now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

hmm i feel your pain:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

An Alan Carr dvd last xmas. I'm not a fan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

a "royle family" phone holder that kept saying "my ar*e" all the time - just cause I got a laugh at the programme didn't mean I wanted to hear it all the time. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sassychick

A :confused:teaspoon with an avocado handle ...like wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

a "royle family" phone holder that kept saying "my ar*e" all the time - just cause I got a laugh at the programme didn't mean I wanted to hear it all the time. :mad:

I'd love a Royal Family phone holder that kept saying "my arse" all the time.
    Beats the hell out of "ring, ring."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

A book all about trees, needless to say it looked good along with the logs in the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I still have one of these,one of the best xmas presents i ever got.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭angel_wings

Em......my SIL bought me a Braun contraption thingy that you put in the bath and it kinda turns it into your own personal little jacuzzi..............sounds nice however we took our bath earlier that year and HER HUSBAND HELPED REMOVE IT!!!
    I still cant work the thinking behind that present out :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

Em......my SIL bought me a Braun contraption thingy that you put in the bath and it kinda turns it into your own personal little jacuzzi..............sounds nice however we took our bath earlier that year and HER HUSBAND HELPED REMOVE IT!!!

recycled gift methinks

Hilarious though:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

One year I got a fossil!

From my boyfriend!

I think that's what he probably thought of the relationship!
    I thought it was a joke and I was holding back the tears when he gave it to me.
    Needless to say we broke up soon after. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

rednik wrote: »
    A book all about trees, needless to say it looked good along with the logs in the fire.

was that the book they were promoting a couple of years ago (about five years or so) Indiginous Trees of Ireland - I got one for my husband - he looked at the cover - that was it.............actually.............you are not my husband are you, posting from home??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

When I read that first I thought it said Braun contraception thingy. Totally changes the post.

Shudder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

My Granny gives terrible presents every year - last years bunch included a packet of tissues and a handkerchief >_<

Bless her for trying though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

I think Ive been really lucky so far, Ive never got a bad present at all.
    Hope I havent jynxed it now though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Herpies :( ......nah just kidding it's far worse then that, was bought the twilight books last year horrific stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

was that the book they were promoting a couple of years ago (about five years or so) Indiginous Trees of Ireland - I got one for my husband - he looked at the cover - that was it.............actually.............you are not my husband are you, posting from home??? :D

This was Christmas 83, I got the book from my then gf sister. It was always going through my head what in God's name would I want with a book about trees.

Oh by the way put the dinner on.:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I think I mentioned this in a similar thread last year, but it bears repeating. One Christmas, my mother bought me a book about football. It was one of those general ones about how to play, etc. I was 24 and hadn't played or even watched football in about a decade. So as I was living away from home at the time, I simply left it there when I went back after Christmas and forgot all about it.

One year later, I open my mother's gift for the next Christmas. Same book. And I don't mean she'd bought it again, she'd "found it around the house", thought she'd forgotten to give it to me so rewrapped it and gave it again.

Worst. Present. Etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭azwethinkweiz

My ex boyfriend - I got USB gloves. Gloves that you plug into the computer and they warm up? I generally dont wear gloves indoors so I didnt really get the point of them... I still have them somewhere lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

I have been laughing out loud reading this; trying to picture a 7 year old with an umbrella or someone at their pc with heated gloves on. The worst present I got was from my husband; a huge food hamper! I do all the shopping so if I wanted numerous jars of jam, etc. I would have bought them. Poor thing had been paying off for it every week all year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Mr.S wrote: »
    An umbrella.

Not even joking.

Now, some may think thats an alright present, seeing as its Ireland or if I played golf etc.

I was 7.

Something similar.

Me and my older brother got matching plastic clipboards.

Now, some may think that's an alright present if you're a door to door sales rep or some other form of business person.

We were no older than 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

One year, I got a puppy in July for my birthday.

My Christmas Pressie from my bro and his wife was a collar for a puppy, six months later.:D

It was the worst present ever because no thought went into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

jaysus some of these made me laugh ,

one year my i got a monopoly adviser for the game monopoly , great gift me thinks , but never got monopoly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Chicago Chick

A couple of years ago I got a cheap looking black lacey bra and knickers set for christmas which may have been alright if it had been from my bf but it was from an older Aunt and Uncle. What was worse is that we all poened family presents in my Nana's house together on chirstmas morning and she was not amused.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

I can safely say the worst Christmas present I ever got was a half a carton cigarettes from my boss...I was being naughty in the run up to christmas so I suspected it was probably originally a full carton and when I arrived a few mins late on Christmas morning, the second time that week after a party the night before, as punishment she must have gone to the office and ripped it in half:eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

My Sister got a bible, :(

A childrens bible that was a bit young for her :(:(

that she had already had :(:(:(

and she got the the first one as a Christmas present too :(:(:(:(

from the same person on a different year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

i got Nothing last year....

i mean... zero.
    no really.... nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

Pdfile wrote: »
    i got Nothing last year....

i mean... zero.
    no really.... nothing.
    Same here, all I asked for was my mother to pay off my ESB bill :P

The worst present I ever gave was to an old roommate, him and his girlfriend kept losing their keys so I got them a few cut :D

I haven't really gotten any presents that I was disappointed by, except stuff that I already owned.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Worst gift I ever got was a Steps album in the middle of my Nirvana stage. And the buyer wasn't being funny.

Worst present I ever gave was a Beautiful South single to my brother, just cause he had a song of theirs stuck in his head for ever (I was young at the time).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭weatherguy

A poncho.

My godmother bought me a bright, canary, yellow poncho for cycling and walking in the rain.

I was 25.

She thought it was a great pressie. I was mortified having to tell her how much I liked it, just what I needed through gritted teeth.

Advertisement