Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No RSJ only 9' X 3' timber braced

Options
  • 11-10-2010 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, i have had my attick partly converted recently while we were away on holiday, i say partly because i told them to stop work and go away when i seen the work that was carried out.
    It is not a habbitable room so planning not needed, but promised an engineers cert at the completion of job.
    Apart from poor workmanship, they used 9' X 3' timbers instead of the RSJ as promised before we left.They have joined this in the middle using 25mm ply bolted onto the timber as a brace, with blocks of wood underside of it supported by a stud wall below.
    The biggest concern i have, is it strong enough to take the weight of new floor it supports. If not, how can this be strenghtend to take away the blocks and presure off the wall below.I really dont trust the ply alone.
    Any advice would be really welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

From the charter

On construction related matters any specifying of structural components is prohibited. Any queries in this regard need to be dealt with by an architect/engineer privately.

Thread locked .

Because you are new - no ban but do take a look at the charter before posting again please

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement