Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few 3pay questions

Options
  • 11-10-2010 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

Going to port my number to 3 for use with my android phone. Just a couple of things their website isn't crystal clear on. I make very few voice calls, a medium amount of texts and I want a data package. They have a €20 p/m deal but I probably won't be using this every month*.

1) Can I get the €5 internet package regardless of what I've topped up that month? (e.g. I've topped up nothing but have €5 in my account).
    2) Do I get access to 333 free webtexts on 3pay? Do they work with cabbage? (cabbage site says no, research says yes).
    3) If I top up for €x, how long can I use their service for? Actually, I don't care what the max is just as long as it's ~two months or longer.
    4) Anybody come up with a good reason not to do this? O2 aren't particularly competitive and their lack of a data add-on is annoying.

Thanks in advance,
    Zab.

*As an aside, the way they say that you get "Unlimited Anytime Mobile Surfing" when you top up by €20 but then in the small print say "subject to €4.99 internet add-on being purchased out of €20 top-up" is pretty underhanded.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Thanks CM.

I'd checked the Ts&Cs myself and couldn't see it either. I'm happy if it's > two months however.

Going to apply now, thanks again.

I still think they're being misleading with the way they're quoting it, regardless of whether it's a good deal or not. The €20 deal applies to everybody, not just new users. It was just something I noticed when I was reading abouut the price plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Zab wrote: »
    Going to port my number to 3 for use with my android phone. Just a couple of things their website isn't crystal clear on. I make very few voice calls, a medium amount of texts and I want a data package. They have a €20 p/m deal but I probably won't be using this every month*.

4) Anybody come up with a good reason not to do this? O2 aren't particularly competitive and their lack of a data add-on is annoying.
    Ported my number from meteor two weeks ago and am very happy with the service. 500Mb for €5 is very good. I won't answer all the questions again as I think captain morgan has covered it all there. Just really posting to say you should go for it. Worst case senario you can switch back but I know meteor won't see me again!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

squared wrote: »
    Ported my number from meteor two weeks ago and am very happy with the service. 500Mb for €5 is very good. I won't answer all the questions again as I think captain morgan has covered it all there. Just really posting to say you should go for it. Worst case senario you can switch back but I know meteor won't see me again!

Already ordered! Looking forward to it, smartphones and sims without a data plan don't mix.

• Advertisement

Yeah, noticed that too. You'd think they'd have this stuff more front and center as it's when people get caught out that they make waves about it publicly.

Advertisement