Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost channels? Look here for transmitter/reception issues

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

kah22 wrote: »
    The PROception box was necessary when I only had the television but became redundant when I added the Humax.

You can't be sure of that without knowing exactly what kind of amplifier you have, does it supply more than one tv point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

The Cush wrote: »
    About bloody time, it's been at least 2 years since this information was carried on p169. Let's hope they keep it updated.

No info on mast upgrade work at Maghera/Mt Leinster.
    They've said they will be updating it weekly from now on.

It's as much of a benefit for them as it is for viewers tbh, Aertel Mobile is a quick and easy way for their guys out on the road to check on outages without bothering the Network Monitoring Centre.

Are you having trouble off Mt. Leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Kensington wrote: »
    Are you having trouble off Mt. Leinster?

No but it might be useful to someone that is. Both masts are to be replaced with work well underway at Maghera, not sure of the situation at Mt Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    You can't be sure of that without knowing exactly what kind of amplifier you have, does it supply more than one tv point?

Just the one television.

Kevin

See how it goes then, if the amplifier proves to be unreliable without the 12V supply & reconnecting this drops the Freeview signal too much for the Humax tuner, it would seem to be a case of waiting until DSO for a reliable Freeview signal or getting that feed amplified as well.

Incidentally, does Freeview on the tv's tuner still fare alright when the aerial is connected directly, or looped from the Humax box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Anyone having problems in Ballybofey, Donegal. I seem to have lost my digital channels??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

talkabout wrote: »
    Anyone having problems in Ballybofey, Donegal. I seem to have lost my digital channels??

I can't say if it was working at that particular time but it was fine last night and again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

I am getting no signal on ch 45 does anyone know what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

I am getting no signal on ch 45 does anyone know what the problem is.

If you are referring to mount leinster mux 1 on channel 45 then im currently recieving it no problems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Antenna

Mullaghanish analogue TV:
    There were outages of analogue RTE1 and 2 TV during the daytime today Wednesday, and also scheduled for tomorrow (15th Sept) and Friday 16th. due to 'essential work' on the Mullaghanish mast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Drackedie

My father-in-law has no Saorview signal today. We don't know if it is his new television or a Saorview problem.

Is there any way to tell if there is a problem at the transmitter end?

Tks!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

TV3,TG4 and Saorview are all off air at the moment from Maghera. According to Aertel page 169 they are going to be off air from 8am to 1pm today,tomorrow and 1st of October due to works been carried out on the transmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭thisNthat

Drackedie wrote: »
    My father-in-law has no Saorview signal today. We don't know if it is his new television or a Saorview problem.

Is there any way to tell if there is a problem at the transmitter end?

Tks!

HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Drackedie

Thanks for the replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

Hi,
    I am based in Creeslough Donegal and have been getting Saorview for the last few months from the Fanad, but when i came home last night I had lost all my Saorview stations. Checked all my connection and the aerial but all seemed ok (we had some very strong winds these past few days).

So I was think maybe there was some maintance going on with the mast, did a bit of googling and came across the 169 page on Aertel, there was no mention of Fanad, but there was some notices for Letterkenny Transmitter and for the Holywell Hill transmitter. Now I am wondering if maintance to these two transmitter would effect the Fanad transmitter.

Wondering because on the Aertel page it says the time it would be out of action, but these were mostly during the day but it was outside these times I noticed I lost my saorview. Keen to get it back intime for the Ireland Soccer game tonight and the Irish Rugby game tomorrow morning.

Any info would be great.

Could be because of work at Holywell Hill.

Someone had a similar problem here yesterday from Kippure, sorted following a call to RTÉNL.

Give RTÉNL a call at 01 208 2259

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

Getting serious reception losses/pixelation today on saorview. Working perfectly up to now. Getting signal from Three rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

Also having problems in Greystones, very poor reception, either zero or 26%.

Could be interference from UK transmitters, Moel-Y-Parc & Winter Hill share frequencies with Three Rock/Kippure & Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

I rang RTENL and they have no reports of problems. Looks like mine could be self inflicted - have been changing power, lighting and RF sockets throughout the house. Must have done something when changing the TV points. Disconnected all cables from distribution amplifier and restarted and so far seems to be ok..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

Anybody out there having problems with ch 48 from Maghera tonight, signal quality down to 10% & BER all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Not so much of a channel lost but one gained again - when did Challenge TV move to a different mux? My wife and I were happy to find it's coming back in again as it changed mux - the Letterkenny mux is blocking out several channels such as Five star and Five USA and Challenge was on that mux also until recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Kilkeveragh transmitter is down.

DeepBlue wrote: »

Maintenance taking place at Castletownbere, could be the problem.
    Due to essential maintenance, Saorview DTT from our Castletownbere transmitter will be off air between 9.30am and 6.00pm on 9th November.

This planned work will also affect all associated relay stations.

RTÉNL apologise for any inconvenience caused by this necessary work.

Thanks The Cush.
    Kilkeveragh is back now. Where do Saorview post their maintenance info? Aertel is obviously not much use if the transmitter is down.

Where do Saorview post their maintenance info? Aertel is obviously not much use if the transmitter is down.

Aertel online - http://www.rte.ie/aertel/169-01.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Antenna

was this Digital, Analogue or both?

Just saorview. Analogue was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭micratoyota

Just saorview. Analogue was ok.
    just bought the walker box for the bedroom and trying to install it. tv to hdmi 2, aerial to aerial in power to socket. Menue comes up language etc but when i say auto channels its searches but finds nothing. Now I am living quiet close to Collins Barracks but their is a block of apartments across the road and I am using a small new yellow tipped aerial (€10 ) outdoor inside and could pick up analogue fairly well sound not great on tv3 but now the walker box cannot find the chanells I had sound but no picture from the 800's before I got the box. Any solutions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭_John C

Suir Valley Down. We have signal but no channels. Looks like the suir valley station cant receive the channels from Mt. Leinster.

Advertisement