Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost channels? Look here for transmitter/reception issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Lost channels in Wexford this evening, can receive nothing except RTE on saorview box right now. Is this likely to be a transmitter outage or am I the only one? My saorview experience is frequently rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Cnoc an Oir Kerry seems to be down sense about 23:00 anyone else having issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭elsie1b

Have no signal on all Preselli frequencies and Mount Leinster coming in on 45.
    Cant remember this happening before on all frequencies.
    Is this a lift or is Preselli off at moment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Was missing some Preseli channels today as if off-air rather than lift, however there are no reports of faults or engineering works.
    http://www.ukfree.tv/bbc/gotobbceng.php?A=SA413QR

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭elsie1b

Was missing some Preseli channels today as if off-air rather than lift, however there are no reports of faults or engineering works.
    http://www.ukfree.tv/bbc/gotobbceng.php?A=SA413QR
    Back to usual today.Kind of knew it wasn't a lift as I have never lost all frequencies before and 45 was booming in without interference.Would usually get activity on other frequencies (53) in a lift situation.
    Thankfully nothing wrong with ariels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

Not anything to do with reception, but today between approx. 8-10 am, RTEjr was being carried on the RTE 1 +1 channel - but only if the Now & Next banner was visible. Close the banner, and the channel was replaced with the (proper) RTE 1 +1 placeholder. The RTEjr channel had no AV, just the placeholder. Woodcock Hill transmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Antenna

Planned reduced power of Mullaghanish DTT today (6th June), see attached.

207809.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Larkenn

Saorview completely gone yesterday evening on Kippure. Signal coming and going and then eventually I was left with a black screen - right in the middle of the Russia / Czech Republic game. Thanks RTE :-/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

More than likely nothing to do with RTE.

Are you sure you're even receiving from Kippure? What kind of aerial do you have?

In some areas attributed to Kippure in the coverage checker, most outdoor aerials will actually be pointed at Clermont Carn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Is saorview down via clermont carn, still hardly any signal quality on my tv? Signal level is fine however. Analogue fine too.

• Advertisement

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Is saorview down via clermont carn, still hardly any signal quality on my tv? Signal level is fine however. Analogue fine too.

fixed, bad connection on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

I hope you let RTENL know so they can stand down their emergency transmitter failure response team :)

You first posted reception issues nearly 6 months ago & you mean to say that was the problem all along?

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    You first posted reception issues nearly 6 months ago & you mean to say that was the problem all along?

Great, I have a stalker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 peelaaa

Great, I have a stalker

Loads on here, especially these threads. Comparable to Paedo's.

Great, I have a stalker

Nope, just a regular poster who replied (helpfully)to all your previous 'no signal' threads.

Mt Leinster Saorview planned outage next Tuesday (26th June)...

209843.gif

Truskmore (all services) in the north-west of the country is liable to interruptions between next Tuesday 26th to Friday 29th June

209844.gif

Planned outages for relays in counties Kerry, Cork (2), and Donegal in the coming days (to 29th June):

RTÉNL - Knockmoyle, Co. Kerry

Due to essential maintenance our Knockmoyle transmitter will be off the air from 10am to 4pm on 27th June.
    This essential work will affect all FM radio services from this transmitter.
    RTÉNL apologise for any inconvenience caused by this necessary work.

RTÉNL - Crosshaven, Co. Cork

Due to essential maintenance our
    Crosshaven transmitter will be off the air from 3.30pm to 4.30pm on 27th June.
    This essential work will affect all radio & TV services from this transmitter.

RTÉNL - Bantry, Co. Cork

Due to essential maintenance our Bantry transmitter will be subject to interruption between 10.30am & 4.30pm on 28th June.
    This essential work will affect all TV & Radio services from this transmitter.

RTÉNL - Moville, Co. Donegal

Due to essential maintenance our Moville transmitter will be off the air from 11am to 1pm on 29th June.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Antenna wrote: »

RTÉNL - Knockmoyle, Co. Kerry

Due to essential maintenance our Knockmoyle transmitter will be off the air from 10am to 4pm on 27th June.

Thanks for posting that :).

Spin SW was off the air from Knockmoyle last Thursday as well around the same time. I wonder if they're connected. I didn't get the chance to check the other stations

The RTE services, Newstalk and Spin SW were off today from around 10 - 2:30. Radio Kerry on 97.2 was unaffected, I assume it's on another mast up there. As a result of Spin 102.5 being off air, 102.9 Killarney was on blank carrier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

This from Saorview's facebbook page
    Saorview
    21 hours ago

We've been advised by RTÉNL that works are taking place on Mount Leinster this week and next, on the antennas on the new mast. This will cause some signal interruptions, so if you are receiving your Saorview signal from Mount Leinster, your channels may disappear for short periods of time. This work is for essential upgrades to the service and will improve coverage for a lot of households in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭smalltalk

Hi,I cannot get the saorview channels on my TV since Tues.I have used an indoor aerial since the service was available with no problems.I think i get my signal from the transmitter in Gracedieu/Gallows hill ,is there maintenance work going on at the moment?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

Does anyone know if Mullaghanish channel 21 is out? Have lost all recption since yesterday..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

clansman wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Mullaghanish channel 21 is out? Have lost all recption since yesterday..
    Don't know, but I'll be able to check in about an hour when I get home. I have an aerial pointing to Mullaganish

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RonanAnthony

Hey I have lost my saorview channels over a week ago but am still recieving all 4 analogue channels. I get my signal from truskmore Sligo. I went yesterday and changed my aerial to a green tip group cd aerial. Still no saorview signal. I have had the service since oct last year and no problems till 19th June. Is anyone else having same trouble?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Mullaghanish C21 working ok here in North Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Hey I have lost my saorview channels over a week ago but am still recieving all 4 analogue channels. I get my signal from truskmore Sligo. I went yesterday and changed my aerial to a green tip group cd aerial. Still no saorview signal. I have had the service since oct last year and no problems till 19th June. Is anyone else having same trouble?

The power seems to be way down on UHF. My saorview is fine but a few other people further away from Truskmore said theirs is down . I still have analogue on one TV. RTE 1 & 2 are perfect but 3 & 4 are awful. That's with a UHF antenna 6KM from the mast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RonanAnthony

sligojoek wrote: »

The power seems to be way down on UHF. My saorview is fine but a few other people further away from Truskmore said theirs is down . I still have analogue on one TV. RTE 1 & 2 are perfect but 3 & 4 are awful. That's with a UHF antenna 6KM from the mast.
    Thanks for your help. I live in Tyrone I thot that was maybe the problem and that I had wasted time and money on the aerial change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Thanks for your help. I live in Tyrone I thot that was maybe the problem and that I had wasted time and money on the aerial change

I'm sure it'll be fine once the maintenance work is done tomorrow.

Advertisement