Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost channels? Look here for transmitter/reception issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭marclt

The Cush wrote: »
    Some breakup on RTÉ1 Mullaghanish last night during Room to Improve.

I like that programme too. Last weeks better than last night.

Besides that there is a real atmospheric lift tonight. So expect break up and some additional stations on the EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Woodie40

Since last Friday I am losing UTV NI several times a day, it comes back for a while and goes again. same is happening to a friend of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

All my signals --- Freeview and Saorview are now showing signal strength HIGH.
    Last night I was loosing my Freeview from Preseli but was able to restore it by disconnecting my Saorview aerial from the UHF/UHF combiner so I suspect a bit of co channel interference due to this high pressure which is on the decline.
    Everything stable right now .
    Regards.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

RTE DAB down from Woodcock Hill?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭thebigredmachin

Try adjusting the aerial to improve reception. Because Saorview uses....

Thanks all, yea problem was at my side, Ariel booster got plugged out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

RTÉ ONE and UTV Ireland mux down?

My parents can't get RTÉ ONE haven't since Room To Improve last week.

Other channels are fine, problem with 2 TVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

It's a safe bet if it was an RTÉ problem there would be loads of complaints. Given the strong winds of late, check the aerial is still intact and pointing correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It's a safe bet if it was an RTÉ problem there would be loads of complaints. Given the strong winds of late, check the aerial is still intact and pointing correctly.

Aerial is in the attic, they did up one of the rooms but since they have the other mux I didn't think it was a disconnection. Perhaps the other mux gets through with no connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Elmo wrote: »
    Aerial is in the attic, they did up one of the rooms but since they have the other mux I didn't think it was a disconnection. Perhaps the other mux gets through with no connection?

A problem with both TVs would indicate an aerial or connection problem before the signal is split to both TVs.

Check the cabling and connections from the splitter or amp back to the aerial, also try adjusting the aerial to optimise the signal for both Saorview frequencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Everything was fine last night, now I have no RTE1 or UTV Ireland. Tried a retune and just lost ch1 where RTE1 used to be. Same with UTV ireland.

Any advice? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

sudzs wrote: »
    Everything was fine last night, now I have no RTE1 or UTV Ireland. Tried a retune and just lost ch1 where RTE1 used to be. Same with UTV ireland.

More than likely nothing to do with the transmitter operator. What part of the country are you in, & what kind of aerial are you using? (Set-top, attic, outdoor.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Thurston? wrote: »
    More than likely nothing to do with the transmitter operator. What part of the country are you in, & what kind of aerial are you using? (Set-top, attic, outdoor.)

I'm in Co. Down, near Rostrevor, just across Carlingford Lough from Omeath. The aerial is up on the roof. Terrible wind last night, maybe it knocked the aerial out a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

Well, you shouldn't be struggling for signal there, even with easterly directional restrictions on Clermont Carn's output.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

breakup while watching the rugby yesterday and today also on saorview, woodcock hill

anyone else??

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Im getting a lot of break-up, but just on RTE 1, since yesterday. Castlebar transmitter

• Registered Users Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

No need for an answer now - I more or less got the answer i wanted from the Television forum :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057402863
    This is a repost of a post i made on the TV forum, hopefully someone can help me :)

I was going to watch the Mentalist on RTE1+1 but the channel seems to have disappeared on my Saorview. When I press channel "8" where the channel used to be, the screen is blank and the info says " This Channel is now available on EPG 11 " - but if you go to Channel 11, there's nothing there but a "Test Transmission".

I have messaged a few mates and they have also said that the channel has disappeared.

Anyone have any ideas where I might find it or find this "EPG 11" channel ?

Cheers in advance :)

Rikand wrote: »
    No need for an answer now - I more or less got the answer i wanted from the Television forum :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057402863

For the past few months they've had duplicate RTÉ1+1 channels at 8 & 11. The duplicate at LCN 8 ceased in the early hours of Tue morning. This was announced about 2 weeks ago on LCN 23 - Saorview Information channel. The Saorview LCN policy can be seen here.

If the blank channel on LCN 8 is still visible a retune will remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Anyone else lose a range of stations yesterday?
    Have retuned twice and see a lot of fails while the listing is rebuilding.

> ferrgusson Ariva 120

Hoping it is temporary and not a sign I've to replace my lnb again,

If you are referring to satellite channels, was it during the heavy showers? If so the dish might be slightly out of alignment or too small for your location.

Thanks Gerry. Only started yesterday. Can now see the "quality" fluctuate from 70% to 10% and rescans are just not picking up anything consistently.
    Figure the lnb may be shot or about to die, been a few years since I replaced it so hopefully that is all it is.

• Advertisement

Could also be water in the connections

I'll climb up tomorrow and check that out before rushing to maplins. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Just noticed that Maghera MUX 2 Ch 55 appears to be off the air. Can anyone confirm?

Please disregard above. Checked Saorview info pages and it's a planned outage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Peking, are you having issues with Maghera again this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

No. All good this evening. Looks like the outage was on 16th only.
    http://www.saorview.ie/news/planned-service-interruptions-rtenl/

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭spooner_j

A problem with both TVs would indicate an aerial or connection problem before the signal is split to both TVs.

Check the cabling and connections from the splitter or amp back to the aerial, also try adjusting the aerial to optimise the signal for both Saorview frequencies.

I've been having a lot of trouble with the Mux 2 channels here in Dublin. Perfect reception for RTE 2, TV3, etc., but no signal for RTE 1, UTV Ireland.

How do I adjust the aerial to optimise the signal for both frequencies?

spooner_j wrote: »
    How do I adjust the aerial to optimise the signal for both frequencies?
    What type of aerial do you have?

Adjusting the aerial could be just a matter of moving it slightly and seeing if reception improves without reducing signal too much for the other mux. A signal meter would help with this but most people wouldn't have one so using the TV's own meter might be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭spooner_j

What type of aerial do you have?

Adjusting the aerial could be just a matter of moving it slightly and seeing if reception improves without reducing signal too much for the other mux. A signal meter would help with this but most people wouldn't have one so using the TV's own meter might be helpful.

Its an outdoor aerial, decent new-ish wide-band one.

Its aligned horizontally but its mounted pretty low down, on a wall at the back of the garden, not on the roof. There's buildings about 10m away. Is line of sight needed with Three Rock?

Line of sight isn't required but nearby obstructions can reduce the signal. The higher the aerial is mounted the better. Did you install it yourself?

Only a meter can tell you how close/far you are to the best signal, the only advice I can give you would be to try adjusting the aerial to see if you can pull in a better signal or relocate the aerial higher. Also ensure the connections between the TV point and aerial are good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Anybody having issues with saorview. The laSt two night at this time, the signal drops.
    I'm in the baltinglass area.

It only happens at this time, it's been perfect all evening,

Wife is doing her nut in.

Advertisement