Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost channels? Look here for transmitter/reception issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Possibly weather related, high atmospheric pressure causing long distance interference to your reception.

http://www.ukfree.tv/article/1107052352/What_is_the_Inversion_Effect_and_why_does_it_effec

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Antenna

All national FM stations were off from Mullaghanish for a number of hours last night (Wedesday, and past midnight into Thursday)

Newstalk (107.4 ) went off a couple of hours before the others (around 8PM or so), extra transmitter work ?

Current work on Kippure FMs (89.1, 91.3, 93.5, 98.7, 100.9):
    Service Notification:
    2rn - Kippure, Co. Wicklow

Due to essential maintenance, our Kippure transmitter will be subject to power reductions from 28th May to 11th June.
    There may be outages between 11:00 and 16:00 daily until 11th June.

This work will affect all FM Radio services from this site. 2rn apologise for any inconvenience caused by this necessary work.

Transmission outages etc in the coming days:

Service Notification:
    2rn - Truskmore, Co. Sligo
    Due to essential maintenance, our Truskmore transmitter will be subject to power reductions and switching breaks from 10:00 to 18:00 on Tuesday 23rd and Wednesday 24th June.
    This work will affect all FM radio and SaorView services from this site.

2rn - Mullaghanish Co. Cork
    Due to essential maintenance work our Mullaghanish transmitter will be subject to breaks in transmission between 10:30 and 17:30 on Tuesday 23rd June and Wednesday 24th June.
    This work will affect all FM radio services from this transmitter.

2rn - Three Rock, Co. Dublin
    Due to essential maintenance, our Three Rock transmitter will be subject
    to an outage of upto one hour from 11:00 to 12:00 on Wednesday 24th June.
    This work will affect all DAB radio services from this site.

2rn - Clermont Carn, Co. Louth
    Due to essential maintenance work our Clermont Carn transmitter will be subject to short breaks in transmission between 10:00 and 18:00 on Thursday 25th June and Friday 26th June. This work will affect SaorView PSB Mux 1 PSB Mux 2 and FM radio services from this site.

2rn - Woodcock Hill, Co. Clare
    Due to essential maintenance work, our Woodcock Hill transmitter will be subject an outages of upto 3 hours between 09:30 and 12:30 on Friday 26th June.
    This work will affect all FM and DAB radio services from this site.

2rn - Achill, Co Mayo
    Due to essential maintenance work, our Achill transmitter will be subject to a 5 hour 30 minute outage from 10:30 on Saturday 27th June.
    This work will affect all FM radio services from this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭davidhick77

Usual problem. Maghera transmitter. Rte 1 utv rte 1+1 etc gone again. I have them in main tv that's being fed from aerial. Just when they are fed back up to splitter they dissappear from other tvs in the house. Constant problem every few weeks months. Reception at main tv is pretty good. all connections seem good. Just wondering is it the output capability of the splitter unit that may be the problem. rte 2 tv3. 3e etc are fine in all tvs. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Usual problem. Maghera transmitter. Rte 1 utv rte 1+1 etc gone again. I have them in main tv that's being fed from aerial. Just when they are fed back up to splitter they dissappear from other tvs in the house. Constant problem every few weeks months. Reception at main tv is pretty good. all connections seem good. Just wondering is it the output capability of the splitter unit that may be the problem. rte 2 tv3. 3e etc are fine in all tvs. Cheers

Signal is probably not good enough after the splitter, maybe due to slight aerial misalignment combined with cable length/splits etc. Try a distribution amp at the main tv point, only on the cable that feeds the splitter to the other TV points. Not required at the main TV as it could overload the TV's own tuner.

Would it be possible to feed the aerial to a central point to feed all TVs via a central distribution amp?

updated transmission work this week:

Due to essential maintenance work our Clermont Carn transmitter will be subject to breaks in transmission between 00:00 and 06:00 on Thursday 25th June.
    This work will affect SaorView PSB Mux1, PSB Mux2 and FM radio services from this site.

2rn - Mullaghanish, Co. Cork
    Due to essential engineering work our Mullaghanish transmitter will be off the air between 11:00 and 12:00 on Thursday 25th June.

Due to essential maintenance work our Clermont Carn transmitter may be subject to short breaks and power reductions between 10:00 and 18:00 on Thursday 25th and Friday 26th June.
    This work will affect SaorView PSB Mux1, PSB Mux2 and FM radio services from this site.

2rn - Achill, Co. Mayo
    Due to essential maintenance work our Achill transmitter will be subject to an outage between 10:30 and 16:00 on Saturday 27th June.
    This work will affect all FM radio services from this site.

Mullaghanish FMs went off this morning (Friday) instead of yesterday (as above) due to weather conditions I presume

transmitter work this week:

2rn - Greystones, Co. Wicklow
    Due to essential engineering work our Greystones transmitter may be off the air between 11:00 and 15:00 on Tuesday 30th June.

2rn - Woodcock Hill, Co. Clare
    Due to essential maintenance work our Woodcock Hill transmitter may be subject to short breaks between 13:30 and 17:30 on Wednesday 1st July.
    This work will affect SaorView PSB Mux1 and PSB Mux2 services from this site.
    2rn apologise for any inconvenience caused by this necessary work.

2rn - Arklow, Co. Wicklow
    Due to essential maintenance work our Arklow transmitter will be off the air for periods between 10:00 and 16:30 on 2nd July.
    This work will affect SaorView PSB Mux 1 and PSB Mux 2.

2rn - Gorey, Co. Wexford
    Due to essential maintenance work our Gorey transmitter may be subject to breaks in transmission between 10:00 and 16:20 on 2nd July.
    This work will affect SaorView PSB Mux1 & PSB Mux2 from this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Clermont Carn is off air since the early hours of this morning. Due to ESB outage apparently caused by lightning. They say they hope to restore services by early afternoon, but nothing definite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Power's just gone out on Brougher this minute !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Clermont Carn is off air since the early hours of this morning. Due to ESB outage apparently caused by lightning. They say they hope to restore services by early afternoon, but nothing definite.

:/ Just turned on the TV to watch the Munster final and faced with no signal. Surely skerries isn't getting signal from Clermont Carn.

quad_red wrote: »
    :/ Just turned on the TV to watch the Munster final and faced with no signal. Surely skerries isn't getting signal from Clermont Carn.

Could be. It is channel 52. Try tuning channel 30 from Three Rock.

http://www.freetv.ie/digital-tv-aerial-selection-guide.html

Was about to post a new thread about my samsung TV missing it's channels but that outage would explain things so, thanks for the info.

The up side is before I came here I retuned and picked up the UK channels which that TV never does or does when it feels like it for a while then I get a weak or no signal again. Thats like OT and one for another thread I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Most of if not all of the town gets its terrestrial tv from Clermont Carn/Kilkeel .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

No saorview signal here in Navan, Thought my aerial had moved but it ain't showing on both TVs that have their own tuner. Went moving the aerial but no joy, hence ended up here. Is the signal out for this region?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Could be. It is channel 52. Try tuning channel 30 from Three Rock.

http://www.freetv.ie/digital-tv-aerial-selection-guide.html

Rescanned to three rock but the reception is diabolical.

Rescanned to three rock but the reception is diabolical.

I think it is because of the different polarisation Horizontal/Vertical of the two transmitters. I get a 85% signal from Three Rock but it gives the same breakup.

There is a thunder and lightning storm going on here at the moment so that would probably stop any work at the transmitter site. It is less than 10 miles from Dundalk.

I am watching the Munster final on a satellite feed on the satellite at 23.5 East.

Not a mention anywhere on the Saorview or other websites that the flaming service is down.

It is mentioned on Aertel 169 alright.

• Advertisement

Karsini wrote: »
    It is mentioned on Aertel 169 alright.

I couldn't find it on the website, do you mean it is on the teletext? Which can't be viewed by people with no service obviously.

I just rang Saorview and they have no information as to when it might be back. The person on the phone said that being a Sunday the web information would not be posted today.

Thunder and lightning just came back.

I couldn't find it on the website, do you mean it is on the teletext? Which can't be viewed by people with no service obviously.

I just rang Saorview and they have no information as to when it might be back. The person on the phone said that being a Sunday the web information would not be posted today.

Thunder and lightning just came back.

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/desktopxhtml/169-2.html

An ESB fault is causing outages at our Clermont Carn Transmitter.

This is affecting all PSB MUX 1, PSB MUX 2 SaorView services and FM Radio services transmitting from this site. .

2rn apologise for any inconvenience caused by this ESB fault.

Radio 1 on 87.8 seems to be back on. Nothing on 95.2 or 97.0 here though. I usually get a weak signal at least.

TV is back on now and R na G on 102.7. Still nothing on 95.2, 97.0 or 105.5 Today FM.

Lyric and 2FM back now. Heard a blank carrier on 95.2 for a few minutes then it came back on.

Edit: Today FM back on at 18:37.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Is there a map showing the area that the main transmitters cover?

Elmo wrote: »
    Is there a map showing the area that the main transmitters cover?
    Someone posted some coverage maps a few years back, think it might have been lawhec?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

has no explained the concept of backup Generators to 2RN?

Karsini wrote: »
    Someone posted some coverage maps a few years back, think it might have been lawhec?

Here http://www.freetv.ie/saorview-coverage.html

Having moved my aerial I now have no RTE 1, marvellous system, have to fiddle around again

• Advertisement

This is the one I was thinking of, although it was for analogue transmissions so would be out of date now.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054850973

Advertisement