Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lost channels? Look here for transmitter/reception issues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭druss

Oscarziggy wrote: »
    Lift conditions tonight - RTE1,Vm3 etc wiped out then broken up from Mt Leinster - signal level rapidly changing from "no signal" to "good".
    RTE 2 etc not affected with "good" signal.
    Wish I could get to the bottom of this .
    I'm not convinced it's co channel from Carmel near Swansea as I'm on the side of a north facing hill shielded from Carmel .
    It did this long before Carmel changed to C23 and C26.

I was watching football on 13 east for most of the day. I've only just noticed that terrestrial channels are all offline/too glitchy to watch. I presume Mount Leinster is suffering still?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

druss wrote: »
    I was watching football on 13 east for most of the day. I've only just noticed that terrestrial channels are all offline/too glitchy to watch. I presume Mount Leinster is suffering still?
    That's exactly what I get during the slightest hint of a lift - RTE1 unwatchable - RTE2 glitch free .
    All stations on C23 unwatchable C26 channels ok -- it could be the other way round as I'm not sure what channels are on which .
    Very odd .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i'm getting glitchy rte1 this past week - woodcock hill clare

anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭mrdtv2010

Oscarziggy wrote: »
    Lift conditions tonight - RTE1,Vm3 etc wiped out then broken up from Mt Leinster - signal level rapidly changing from "no signal" to "good".
    RTE 2 etc not affected with "good" signal.
    Wish I could get to the bottom of this .
    I'm not convinced it's co channel from Carmel near Swansea as I'm on the side of a north facing hill shielded from Carmel .
    It did this long before Carmel changed to C23 and C26.

I would wager your CCI is Divis in Northern Ireland. IIRC you live in West Wales and as your aerial points towards Mt Leinster it is bound to pick up sea path reflections from Divis in lift conditions and Divis is a much higher power transmitter than Carmel. I recall seeing on digitalspy in 2012 that in North Wales in higher parts along the coast between Anglesey and Liverpool Divis analogue was a regular if noisy service (CCIR Grade 3 PAL.)

The other tell is that the CCI has been present before Carmel did its 700Mhz switchover: Divis E23 and E26 has been operating for years as a DTT service. It is received easily on the Isle of Man and stayed Group A for the main muxes at the 700Mhz change.

mrdtv2010 wrote: »
    I would wager your CCI is Divis in Northern Ireland. IIRC you live in West Wales and as your aerial points towards Mt Leinster it is bound to pick up sea path reflections from Divis in lift conditions and Divis is a much higher power transmitter than Carmel. I recall seeing on digitalspy in 2012 that in North Wales in higher parts along the coast between Anglesey and Liverpool Divis analogue was a regular if noisy service (CCIR Grade 3 PAL.)

The other tell is that the CCI has been present before Carmel did its 700Mhz switchover: Divis E23 and E26 has been operating for years as a DTT service. It is received easily on the Isle of Man and stayed Group A for the main muxes at the 700Mhz change.

Thanks for that info - not a lot I can do about it .
    There's high pressure building from tomorrow so expect disruptions .
    I'll check out the Divis info when I get a chance .
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Next time I have problems with c23 or c26 I'll do a manual scan of c21,c24 and c27 to see what comes up.
    Could well be in the next week .

RTE 1 breaking up badly or not there at all today .
    A quick scan of channels 21,24 and 27 produced no signals -- I'm not certain if Divis is the problem as it's over 300 miles from here .

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WhoElse

I have a reasonably new lgtv (maybe 3 years old), which took satellite from astra and terrestrial from a UHF aerial in the attic, pointed at the nearest tower. This worked well for the last while, but last week all terrestrial channels disappeared.

I reseated all the cables, auto retuned, and only got 6 dtv channels and 9 antennae radio. Im missing rte1, rte1+1, and maybe a Virgin channel?

I tried looking up spur hill signal details, and tried manual tuning based on frequencies I saw listed online but no joy.

It's probably simple, but I'm not experienced with this. Any guidance is very welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sysmod

Why RTE1 No Signal but NewsNow works?

Our terrestrial TV signal is from Forth Mountain. This evening we have no channels 1-11 but 21 (news now) is fine. Why would that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

High pressure weather will probably cause you problems for the next few days.

RTE1 & News Now are on different muxes. You wouldn't be missing all the channels from 1 - 11, with NN still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Anyone aware of any issues with Truskmore at the moment? No signal the past 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,474 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

24 hours and no other reports sounds like an issue at your end.

Nothing reported on their, @2rnNMC, twitter account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Anyone getting issues with Forth Mountain, Co. Wexford

Signal from Forth came back just after 10 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Galway

CASTLEBAR OUTAGE - There was a prolonged power outage due to storm Barra - TV channels 22 & 25 and all FM radio for a day and a half. Back on this afternooon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thompa

Hi, I have a rather strange problem. I'm losing all multiplex 2 channels on Saorview when my TV is plugged into the TV antenna plug with a regular coax cable. Mux 1 works no problem. When I unplug the cable from the wall and leave the free hanging end in a certain position on the table, all mux 2 channels show up again. Anyone know what could cause this? I mean it's not really a problem as long as there's a signal, but obviously it's more vulnerable like this vs being plugged in. For what it's worth, I'm based in Ranelagh.

Signal strength too high maybe, do you have any amplifiers in the system?

Can you see a signal strength indicator anywhere in the menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

I assume the wall socket is definitely connected to an aerial, & isn't say for cable TV, or not connected to anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thompa

Yeah... I'm a **** dope alright 😂 No aerial, it's connected to cable. Reception must be very good that I'm getting any signal at all, an indoor antenna probably would do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Newstalk on 107.4 is off the air, noted early Saturday 05 February. The transmitter is Mohercrom(e) in Cavan.

• Advertisement

I'm not near a TV to check, but all radio from Clermont Cairn went off air about 10.20 09 Feb. Still off at 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Still no sign of Newstalk 107.4 returning. It was also off a few weeks back. Either they have a major hardware failure or just don't give a damn. Whoever looks after their TX equipment leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

Newstalk 107.4 from Cavan still off 15 Feb, but noted back at 7 pm 16th.

Rtenl doing Alot of work today,

Forth mountain is off till 4pm

Forth Mountain Saorview down since yesterday afternoon, hopefully it will be back later today.

Some bad weather and ESB faults yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭G-Man

my lg tv today first plugged in and tuned today has a blank for rte 1 at channel 800. I have other channels rte2, virgin fine, but i am now stuck looking at rte on 806 with sign language..

How do i get normal rte 1 on channel 800..

Because the channels start at 800 I assume you've installed the TV with UK as the region, for Freesat?

Using that install Saorview channels, blank channels, hidden channels etc. are stored randomly as found and multiple times if receiving from other transmitters.

Have a look down through the 800s it will be in there somewhere provided the TV is receiving an adequate signal for that particular frequency.

Retuning the TV with Ireland as the region stores the Saorview in the correct order, from 1 RTE 1 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭G-Man

You are right i have both freesat and the saorview antenna connected. Its likely tv was on uk region.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭sudzs

Has anyone else on the Clermont Carn transmitter lost RTE1 ?? It was pixelated all week, I did a retune and it's gone completely now. As is Virgin Media 3 and Sky News

Advertisement