Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost channels? Look here for transmitter/reception issues

Options
1474849505153»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

A number of transmitters will have breaks to radio signals starting 30 April. The Fermoy one says 30 May, which must be a typo.

https://2rn.ie/service-updates/

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rounders

Hey, hoping I could pick your brains.

Parents house. We've two TVs working off one aerial on the chimney.

One always works perfectly, the other has a reoccurring issue with RTE1 where the quality of the picture will be very poor.

Got an engineer out to test the cables and he said there are nothing wrong with them and we changed the aerial.

Our last option is to change the TV but kinda slow to do that because it's a pretty new smart LG tv.

Started having issues the other day again after a long time trouble free. Retuned and can't find RTE1 and I think Virgin Media 1 now at all but perfect on the other tv.

Anyone have suggestions of what could impact just a few of the channels only on one tv and only intermittently?

Ran a signal test. Getting only 22% and the quality is bouncing all over the place. Does RTE1 require a stronger signal?

Thanks in advance

Edit - from what I can tell online, our local tower would be MULLAGHANISH 39km away

Post edited by rounders on

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Check out this old thread — how do you split your aerial into 2 rooms ?

Do you use a distribution system or simply a splitter?

Thanks I'll have a read and a root around to figure out how we split.

I think it's just a normal splitter

Turns out the person my parents got to fit the aerial was a cowboy. He just twisted the three cables around each other and wrapped them in electrical tape.

Got a proper splitter today and put it in a waterproof box. 80% signal on both TV's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Glad you got it sorted — hope the box is really water proof !

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Rain Spreading From The West

All TV and radio services from the Castlebar relay have been off air for the last 15 minutes.

EDIT: engineering works at the site today between 10am and 5 pm.

Advertisement