Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost channels? Look here for transmitter/reception issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 suites

is an outdoor aerial better i get interference from mobiles on my indoor aerial thanks

whats the best outdoor aerial to get im in cabra dublin ??

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

Maghera Dtt currently down @ time of posting. Can someone confirm same.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

suites wrote: »
    whats the best outdoor aerial to get im in cabra dublin ??

A group W is what you need. Almost any wideband aerial will do as the signal should be very strong. I use a log-periodic which works well. In Dublin Ch 54 is used from 3Rock and Kippure. The analogue are down the bottom, and most aerials are Group A which is wrong for DTT.

thanks for reply

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Does anyone if Brougher Mountain is off the air?
    I have lost all UK channels on analogue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Essexboy wrote: »
    Does anyone if Brougher Mountain is off the air?

Fine with me atm (13.33).

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Doctor_L

Hi

my neighbours and I in mid tipp are having problems with suir valley channel 52 anyone else experiencing this outage?

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Doctor_L

Kilduff went live in the past few days now receiving it in my attic. A big thank you to e17 for the heads up.

Kilduff is on 52 horizontal originally the plan was for it to be on 50

Liam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭jett

Perfect signal up to last night, now nothing! In cahir area.
    knew it was too good to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

jett wrote: »
    Perfect signal up to last night, now nothing! In cahir area.
    knew it was too good to be true.

Could be down for maintenance.

mysteriously back?

mysteriously back?

Not so mysterious, maintenence probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WuTan

Lost DTT on Mt.Leinster (Ch45 etc.) about 2pm today 17-May-2011 - I'm in Kilkenny - anyone see the same problem i.e. transmitter is down or do I need to start investigating cables, box & antenna? :(

Blind scan got the channels back - haven't got to investigate (receiver in parent's house) but sounds like frequency/channels changed - anybody had a similar experience?

The pictures been breaking up all week.
    Knew it was too good to last.
    If it works perfectly for a while and then does not surely it just is not good enough?
    I suppose they would blame atmospherics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Vince Cable

If it works perfectly for a while and then does not surely it just is not good enough?

Maybe we should reserve judgement until the so-called 'full' launch, whenever that might be.

They might even let the public know about any work being done on transmitters then, and not leave people guessing as to what the problem might be.

Has the mast replacement work started at Maghera and Mt Leinster yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭liamtech

mossym wrote: »
    is watching DTT going to be like an episode of little Britain then?

Can i watch TV tonight?

Weather says no....

thankfully i have a sat dish, but for those people who are going to rely on DTT for their tv, how annoying is it going to be when the weather goes a certain way and they end up with nothing to watch?

The weather was terrible tonight... and i had a perfect reception of all my digital terrestrial stations, (RTE news, RTE1, and TV3 - there the ones i watched tonight anyway) - in all honesty perhaps your equipment is not configured correctly

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

tv3 and 3 e is pants at the moment, and last night Vincent Browne was awful. I am on maghera.

gbcullen

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

3 Rock has gone since 11:30 this morning, still gone at 12:00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Can confirm three rock as down did a rescan and picked up channel 58 which shows test channel 8 as an invalid service on my LG TV.

Getting a terrible reception across the board at the moment - seriously on the third morning of the Queens visit to ireland, and the unfortunate passing of Dr FitzGerald, i find this Disgracefull - WHat are you playing at Saorview - if your gonna start messing with the signal can you not at least provide SOME warning?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

liamtech wrote: »
    Getting a terrible reception across the board at the moment - seriously on the third morning of the Queens visit to ireland, and the unfortunate passing of Dr FitzGerald, i find this Disgracefull - WHat are you playing at Saorview - if your gonna start messing with the signal can you not at least provide SOME warning?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Bear in mind it doesn't *officially* launch until the end of this month. It is still in trial phase so there will be inevitably be disruption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Vince Cable

Disgracefull - WHat are you playing at Saorview - if your gonna start messing with the signal can you not at least provide SOME warning?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Did people ever get so angry about poor analogue coverage (if not, why not?)?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

I have heard that authorities are busily scanning and disrupting all frequencies at the moment because of the Queens visit. Radio based broadband is unusable at the moment. Does anybody know if this is likely or even possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Joe7

Heard from who, the voices in your head?

Kensington wrote: »
    Bear in mind it doesn't *officially* launch until the end of this month. It is still in trial phase so there will be inevitably be disruption.

A truely professional company would endeavor to conduct work at night when less are reliant on their service - at mid-day during a historic visit, this is ridiculous - And gives a very poor impression of saorview... Is everyone else experiencing the same issues....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

A truely professional company would endeavor to conduct work at night when less are reliant on their service - at mid-day during a historic visit, this is ridiculous - And gives a very poor impression of saorview... Is everyone else experiencing the same issues....
    Is analogue down also? If it is, then that would suggest something more serious has happened.
    As regards Saorview, it is not a service yet. The current official terrestrial television service is broadcast in analogue format.

Well it came back from 3Rock, but on 58, and then later on 54 and 58. So the second mux was fired up. I wonder why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Kensington wrote: »
    Is analogue down also? If it is, then that would suggest something more serious has happened.
    As regards Saorview, it is not a service yet. The current official terrestrial television service is broadcast in analogue format.

During time DTT was off air (no signal message on TV)....analogue was still broadcasting.....when DTT came back on air I did a channel scan and all the channels reappeared at 54.... there was a long pause while scanning 58.....before before scan moved to completion....in the end...I had no more extra channels than before (six channels plus No's 7 & 8 - the designated Test Channels).

Keep them guessing seems to be RTENL's motto!!!:confused::confused:

Advertisement