Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost channels? Look here for transmitter/reception issues

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Both 54 and 58 are broadcasting the same content which is why there are no extra channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

Joe7 wrote: »
    Heard from who, the voices in your head?

A customer of mine. At least that was the spiel he was given when he complained. Is there a reason for your attitude? Please elaborate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Joe7

You have 'customers' too?!

That's a great little fantasy you've got going there! Keep taking your meds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭liamtech

I must say thats a disgraceful attitude you have... everyone is entitled to post here, and should not be ridiculed by their fellow boarders...

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

?

OK if you having nothing to contribute I suggest you take your smart arse comments elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Well it came back from 3Rock, but on 58, and then later on 54 and 58. So the second mux was fired up. I wonder why?
    Hibrasil wrote:
    During time DTT was off air (no signal message on TV)....analogue was still broadcasting.....when DTT came back on air I did a channel scan and all the channels reappeared at 54.... there was a long pause while scanning 58.....before before scan moved to completion....in the end...I had no more extra channels than before (six channels plus No's 7 & 8 - the designated Test Channels).
    That would probably explain it so. Putting an extra mux on air would involve taking everything on the antenna array off air to avoid damage to equipment or cooking yourself! Mux 2 is required to be placed on air as a second PSB mux.

The long pause during scanning would be your TV sifting out duplicate channels. If Mux 2 is broadcasting the same TS as Mux 1, it will simply ignore it to avoid ending up with two listings of each channel.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

For a while 3 Rock was broadcasting on 58 only and then reinstated 54. Later, they turned off 58.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

Anybody suffering loss of digital in Cork ? or is it only me :(

No diigital in Glanmire and analogue is very bad as well

A.

liamtech wrote: »
    I must say thats a disgraceful attitude you have... everyone is entitled to post here, and should not be ridiculed by their fellow boarders...

Most of your posts read like they were written by a hysterical old woman.

Get a sense of perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Anchises wrote: »

Conspiracy theory ;) - the Queen's going there tomorrow, any connection?

• Advertisement

aaah ! The wisdom of age.....

You could be right :)

A.

Most of your posts read like they were written by a hysterical old woman.

Get a sense of perspective.

I have deleted my original response to this trash.... You obviously extract a certain joy out of insulting people on this thread. And while my initial anger compelled me to respond in kind, cooler heads have prevailed in the end - I find many of your comments insulting and clearly baiting... but what ever makes you happy my friend...

And while my initial anger compelled me to respond in kind....

You should have just reported the original post you took issue with (which was none of your business), leave the modding to the mods.

You should have just reported the original post you took issue with (which was none of your business), leave the modding to the mods.

To say that a PUBLIC POST ON A PUBLIC FORUM is not my "Business" is a little bit funny to be honest...

Anyway to get back on topic it seems that the service is back up and running today - no further signal issues!

To say that a PUBLIC POST ON A PUBLIC FORUM is not my "Business" is a little bit funny to be honest...

It was directed at one user whose post I decided to (harmlessly) take the piSs out of a little.

The person concerned was perfectly capable of standing up for him/herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Jim from Cork

A.

I'm in Glanmire too. My digital has been pure crap for a few days now. Stuttering and stopping to such an extent that it is unwatchable.

Is there something I can check?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

Big power increase on mux 1 (ch.48) channel 48 just a while ago. Mux 2 on channel 55 now showing signs of life, very weak though :D

It was directed at one user whose post I decided to (harmlessly) take the piss out of a little.

The person concerned was perfectly capable of standing up for him/herself.

Judging by your previous posts I think perhaps you confuse sarcasm with having a sense of humour. It was a genuine question and my skepticism was clearly implied in the post. All you managed to do was disrupt a previously informative and well behaved thread.

That's my last word on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

I'm in Glanmire too. My digital has been pure crap for a few days now. Stuttering and stopping to such an extent that it is unwatchable.

Is there something I can check?

Yeah mines in Glanmire has gone too - had gone towards the end of last week as well but back at the weekend but gone again :| hopefully a temp blip.

anyone in glanmire go their signal back yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭marclt

Has this happened since the power increase? Could be an overload of signal into your receiver. Depends on your set up, I guess?

marclt wrote: »
    Has this happened since the power increase? Could be an overload of signal into your receiver. Depends on your set up, I guess?

wouldn't have thought so - not just mines that has gone - and i am getting no signal now according to the tuner, can't even find the channels..

Yeah ! I'm in the same Glanmire boat - again !

Wouldn't it be nice if RTENL posted outages/maintenance downtime.
    It would save me fiddling trying to get stations that are off air.

I retuned, and now no stations are listed. -means I must do a search each time I try to see if the channels are back. bugger !

A.

Cheers Anchises least i know i am not going mad - hopefully they will be back by the launch.

Wouldn't it be nice if RTENL posted outages/maintenance downtime.
    It would save me fiddling trying to get stations that are off air.

Until Saturday its only a trial service and subject to interruption. Once the service launches they should notify the public of any downtime.

Send them an email, from reports here in recent times they appear to be quite good at replying to queries - http://www.saorview.ie/contact/

N.B. they may be a little busy tomorrow, Pat Rabbitte is officially launching Saorview.

'Is dona linn an brise seo' is a phrase I remember from the launch in the Sixties.

I wonder if they have dusted off the slide :)

A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Jim from Cork

Glanmire calling!

Soon after my post here my picture quality improved :rolleyes:

Picture quality has been very good for the last few days, the odd stutter but not too bad. Just checked now and it is still good.

Still gone here - tested with usb dongle too just in case the box I got from Sam was having problems. But no signal being received...analogue works ok so the aerial should not be the problem did think that with the high winds it could be contributing to it but doesn't seem to be.

ho hum, just wait and see i guess..

emailed RTENL this morning not expecting a reply but got one there a moment ago:
    Many thanks for your email. We have communicated with the Network Monitoring Centre in RTÉNL, who are currently investigating potential interference in the Glanmire area
    I trust that any issues identified will be resolved quickly
    If you are continuing to have problems over the coming days, you can contact the NMC on nmc@rte.ie

hopefully will be resolved soon!

• Advertisement

emailed RTENL this morning not expecting a reply but got one there a moment ago:

hopefully will be resolved soon!

Deflector interference?? Any operating in the area?

Advertisement