Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost channels? Look here for transmitter/reception issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

The Cush wrote: »
    Deflector interference?? Any operating in the area?

<shrugs shoulders> dunno </shrugs shoulders>

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH !!!!

Still no channels in Glanmire :mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(

Couldn't be a deflector surely ?
    Are they not all off air for quite some time ?

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kodscoll

there has been no signal from the glanmire transmitter in cork for most of the week on ch47 the analogue channels on 41, 44 & 51 are fine ....

could this be atmospherics from uk ?

i'm not so sure as transmissions from mullaghanish, collins barracks & spur hill (both cork) dont even come in that part of glanmire

rte nl reckon the transmitter is functioning ok but have said they will replace some of the equipment regardless so they must think something is amiss

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭marclt

It must be off air... if RTE have to replace something it sounds more serious than they are letting on...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Not a good start considering it became a fully operational service yesterday and no announcement regarding a problem at the site.

• Advertisement

Anchises wrote: »

All current deflector licences are valid until 31st Dec 2012.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

SCTV élite Kamikaze deflection unit still out there??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

analogue radio off the air from Castlebar since 10.15 am, digital channels still going strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 New Haven

I get my signal from Clarmont Cairn and some days the signal is great whereas other days like today there is only an analogue signal. For some reason when the sun is out I seem to have most service disruptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Glanmire is back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

mount leinster a wee bit twitchy tonight (pixilation and breakup) with yet more co-channel interferrence from preseli - indoor ariel and all

UPDATE - all channels are down - am just double checking to see if its co-channel interferrence or a outage: channels are partially back but are breaking up pretty badly i can only surmise that the good weather is at play again with this co-channel interferrence. I seriously doubt mt leinster dropped power at quarter to two in the morning.

I seriously doubt mt leinster dropped power at quarter to two in the morning.

Mast replacement work?

Mast replacement work?

could be - it was unusual as the chanels usually never totally disappear. there was nothing on the rtenl site anyways

. there was nothing on the rtenl site anyways

There never is.

There never is.

lol :D:D good point - more channel breakup today due to co-channel interferrence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Kilkeaveragh has been down since at least 7pm yesterday.

Back on air by Thursday afternoon.

mount leinster a wee bit twitchy tonight (pixilation and breakup) with yet more co-channel interferrence from preseli - indoor ariel and all

UPDATE - all channels are down - am just double checking to see if its co-channel interferrence or a outage: channels are partially back but are breaking up pretty badly i can only surmise that the good weather is at play again with this co-channel interferrence. I seriously doubt mt leinster dropped power at quarter to two in the morning.
    yup it's preseli co channel,it is on fire at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭marclt

Warlikedave, looks like you're one of the 2% who will have to rely on a satellite dish to recieve RTE!

marclt wrote: »
    Warlikedave, looks like you're one of the 2% who will have to rely on a satellite dish to recieve RTE!

Na - just needed to use an outdoor ariel which i have just assembled. Am picking up saorview with little interference with it (12db 13 element ariel with 15db triax masthead)

Got the ariel originally to see if i could get freeview but its been very inefficient in that department. i cant get a bigger aerial so might invest in a more powerful mast head amp although the noise factor could be a problem but thats for another thread

i cant not but reiterate the stupidity of having mount leinster on channel 45 wtih preseli also using ch 45 though - outages caused due to the lack of respect towards the laws of physics LOL :d. An indoor aerial is perfect in the whole area along north wexford if it wasnt been affected by poor channel allocation and resultant interferrence

Got the ariel originally to see if i could get freeview but its been very inefficient in that department. i cant get a bigger aerial so might invest in a more powerful mast head amp although the noise factor could be a problem but thats for another thread
    A masthead amp is really only needed if you have a long cable run. You can't amplify what doesn't exist, you'd just end up increasing the noise floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭liamf

Is there something wrong with Three Rock?

I get signal lock but no channels (Linux DTT card).

Don't use it much so not sure when I last noticed it working: about 10 days ago I'd guesstimate. I have not changed setup or moved any antennas etc ...

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭liamf

Is there something wrong with Three Rock?

I get signal lock but no channels (Linux DTT card).

Sigh. Never mind.

Reseated the connector cables in the DTT card and all was well.

Although the cable is very tight in the card socket and definitely does not come loose, for some unfathomable reason I have to do this every so often (remove/replace cable).

No idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

Maghera down atm (9:30). No service from both channels 48 & 55.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Antenna

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH !!!!

Still no channels in Glanmire :mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(

A.

yes there are no deflectors on air even remotely nearby anymore.

that has nothing to do with it

Antenna wrote: »
    yes there are no deflectors on air even remotely nearby anymore.

that has nothing to do with it

Transmitter fault or Mux 2 upgrade possibly, they were going to replace some equipment - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72477638&postcount=214.

Back on air by Tuesday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

All digial channels back in Glanmire since yesterday :):):)

May have come back Tuesday - I was out of town

RTE2HD = crystal clear :)

A.

All digial channels back in Glanmire since yesterday :):):)

May have come back Tuesday - I was out of town

Yes, Tuesday evening - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72516826&postcount=221

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Down again in Kilkeaveragh since last night.
    /wonders if this is going to be a regular occurrence. :(

Never mind. Aeriel issue at my end. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Seems to be down in Cork City, Collins Barracks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭phester28

yes its down in cork Collins Barracks. Taught it was my setup

DVT not looking very stable or they are doing service upgrades without puting up any annoncements very poor service

Advertisement