Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost channels? Look here for transmitter/reception issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

phester28 wrote: »
    yes its down in cork Collins Barracks. Taught it was my setup

DVT not looking very stable or they are doing service upgrades without puting up any annoncements very poor service

Still nothing coming from Collins Barracks for me as of 10.30 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭phester28

got sick of waiting. changed my aerial to horizontal and re pointed towards the airport. (straight through the house) Analogue is almost non existent but Digital is working fine.

Im lucky enough to be able to get at my aerial easy. im the south side in the city

You must retune as airport is on channel 45 and collins barracks is on C50

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭marclt

HI @phester28

Would you mind emailing RTE about this... it would be good to get their response to someone affected by these outages. RTE used to update P169 on Aertel but stopped doing this a while ago... perhaps they should be updating the Soarview website, because unlike analogue, a black screen when a station is off air is more confusing than fuzz!

Let us know how you get on?!
    M

45 would be Spur Hill.

Is the 1850 584 584 number still in service? This was the direct line to report transmitter problems.

Cork Collins Barracks was back online for me when I got home last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

evilivor wrote: »
    Cork Collins Barracks was back online for me when I got home last night.

Is the second mux powered up from there?

The Cush wrote: »

I don't know. I'll have a scan later when I get home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

We seem to have undergone a mini ASO here in Monaghan, as TG4 analogue has been missing for at least a week.

Both Saorview muxes were powered up but the 2nd (UHF 59) seems to be off now. . .

. . . and returned shortly after. Still no analogue TG4, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Antenna

The Cush wrote: »

Yes. 2nd MUX blank from Collins Barracks is on Ch 40 (626MHz)

Also in the Cork area - Crosshaven 2nd MUX is on Ch 56 (754MHz)

Collins Barracks appear to be down again in Cork city as of this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

All analogue back at Monaghan now along with the mux on UHF 55 & the blank signal on 59.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sb88

Is there anyone on here in the Mayo area using the Castlebar/Croaghmoyle transmitter? Lost reception for the analogue tv channels about a week ago. I assumed that it was a problem with the tv aerial (grid type aerial fitted in attic) but checked all connections today and can't figure what's wrong. Tried a small indoor aerial and can pick up a signal but it is very weak (seems to have deteriorated since using that aerial last).

Was wondering if anyone else had experienced problems, just to check before ripping out the attic aerial!

Also noticed some reception problems on FM during the past week - today fm / i signals in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭phester28

anybody having trouble with spur hill in cork. I changed my aerial to the airport last week as collins barracks was off line. analogue is almost non existant but digital was error free for the last 2 weeks. now lots of breakup first and now i dont get picture but i also dont get a weak signal just a blank screen with the odd flick of colour

sb88 wrote: »
    Is there anyone on here in the Mayo area using the Castlebar/Croaghmoyle transmitter? Lost reception for the analogue tv channels about a week ago. I assumed that it was a problem with the tv aerial (grid type aerial fitted in attic) but checked all connections today and can't figure what's wrong. Tried a small indoor aerial and can pick up a signal but it is very weak (seems to have deteriorated since using that aerial last).

Was wondering if anyone else had experienced problems, just to check before ripping out the attic aerial!

Also noticed some reception problems on FM during the past week - today fm / i signals in particular.

Update: Turned out to be a problem with part of the aerial equipment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Mexecutioner

sb88 wrote: »
    Update: Turned out to be a problem with part of the aerial equipment...

Yours or theirs?

Yours or theirs?

My aerial equipment; it took a while to identify but I eventually found that some components had become detached from a circuit board in the aerial amplifier. A little bit of soldering work sorted it out!

I did look into the analogue frequencies though and realised that the signal is not actually from Castlebar but from the Cairn Hill transmitter (tv 3 is also broadcast).

Anyway, problem is solved!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

has anyone else's signal gone haywire this morning (Spur Hill)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Anyone else noticed reduced power from spur hill at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

mux 1 is unusable for me, mux 2 seems to be on full power but broadcasting nothing, i'm sure there's a point to that

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

I recieve my channels on 45 or 54 but tonight I am getting no signal on. Anyone else having any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Spur hill: It's all gone wonky on my TV over the last week (and still is). Funny thing is it works fine on my eyetv (usb stick).

Im getting nothing on RTE one this morning, all the other channels are wroking fine but RTE one just showing a black screen, I tried a rescan and picked up future tests which im guessing are Mux 2.

Im in North Galway and my aerial is pointing north so Im not sure which transmitter im picking up.

Anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

is channel 45 aka mux one offline in the mount leinster area at the moment? mux 2 is still active.

I seem to be picking up rte 1 for example on 666mhz (ch 45) 474mhz (ch 21 or 22 from arklow relay maybe) and 738mhz (not sure what channel and where from) all between 20% and 40% quality - none of them viewable

They must have nutured the strength of mount leinster on mux 1 for no real reason

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

Strange happenings this morning on my TV. I had the mux 2 on ch. 24 from Mullaghanish tuned in, but this morning they had all disappeared from the tv EPG. Sigh off relief when the mux list reappeared after a rescan. Were the parameters of the channels changed overnight or did my tv just throw a hissey fit & forget some of the tuneed channels?

Strange happenings this morning on my TV. I had the mux 2 on ch. 24 from Mullaghanish tuned in, but this morning they had all disappeared from the tv EPG. Sigh off relief when the mux list reappeared after a rescan. Were the parameters of the channels changed overnight or did my tv just throw a hissey fit & forget some of the tuneed channels?

Not sure myself dude - the three sources are conflicting for me so i manually set them to the mount leinster source but couldnt recieve it with my indoor ariel which has never happened before so i had to re-allign my freeview ariel and it worked - mount leinster has dropped its mux one in power from the looks of it but i dont know how I was picking up the arklow relay and the other mux one on another frequency...

All i can surmise mate is that they are toying around with it so that might have caused your tv to lose reception and thus epg and channels maybe or maybe you were getting other frequencies for the same channels causing a conflict - im not sure what way your tv mpeg4 tuner is programmed

Worst thing theres nothing on the rte nl site or the saorview site infroming us of what they are doing :mad:

Now the rte channels mux 1 seem to be coming in stronger on 738mhz - where is that transmitter and what channel is that may i ask? gonna have to manually change to source again :mad:

738 is channel 54 - Three Rock or Kippure.

Karsini wrote: »
    738 is channel 54 - Three Rock or Kippure.

Hmmm im south of arklow in the mount leinster area - i must have first picked kippure (more likely) over the last week because i was able to pickup Winter Hill transmitter near blackburn (BBC1 North West) with my outdoor ariel pointing south east towards presili with all the clear weather we had last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,548 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Noticed this morning that the Mux 1 channels (Ch 21) Mullaghanish had been replaced overnight on a Sony TV by Mux 1 (Ch 47) Woodcock Hill. Strange happenings indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place or not but any help will be appreciated!

Bought a new TV on Wednesday, DTT compatible, came home tuned it in, got all the Digital TV Channels and Radio Stations, was working all day yesterday, went to work around half five and when I got home last night around half eleven I only had the Radio Stations left.

Anyone know why this may be!?

I'm living in Portarlington, and my nearest site is listed as Kippure!

Thanks for any help....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Been having some occasional pixelation and garbled images over the last hour or so from Cairn Hill Saorview on Mux 1 Ch. E47. It's the first time I've ever seen a reception issue from Cairn Hill in this house in Louth. It's a long distance but the terrain's very good for reception from there. Signal quality is at 100% currently. It's been worse for the last 20 minutes or so.

Advertisement