Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are my options?

Options
  • 11-10-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Im doing law at the moment and not enjoying it at all. I'd like to change courses. The thing is, what i am hoping to change to was not on my cao(physiotherapy). Is there any chance i can change now or do i have to re-apply for next year. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

dynamot wrote: »
    Im doing law at the moment and not enjoying it at all. I'd like to change courses. The thing is, what i am hoping to change to was not on my cao(physiotherapy). Is there any chance i can change now or do i have to re-apply for next year. Thanks for your help.

I don't think it matters if it was on your CAO. Go to your programme office and talk to them, they'll be able to tell you for definite. You have to have the points for the course you're transferring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

No, doesn't matter. Once you've entered a college you may change course within the college (at the colleges discretion) once you meet the entry requirements and providing there's space in the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

IIRC, you're still within the time to apply for a program transfer. There is a cut off date, where after that you would be liable to pay fees for the course that you want to switch too.

I think the Cut off for 'free' fees transfer is End of October?
    Then Half fees before Xmas (Dec31st), and full fees after that.

Could be wrong, but thats how i remember it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

You should read this page. Also your programme office (and student advisor) should be your first port of call.

https://myucd.ucd.ie/programme_info/transfer.ezc#Internal

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭dynamot

thanks everyone, i have contacted my student advisor

• Advertisement
Advertisement