Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martingale Collars

• 11-10-2010 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Just wondering does anyone use these collars on any dog other than greyhound/lurcher/whippets etc?

I have seen them and like the look of them etc but haven't seen them on any other breed other than those above.
    Are they made especially for greyhounds etc or have I just not noticed them on other breeds before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I use martingales on most of my dogs, when I'm walking out 6 together I'll give a lead a little tug to ask that dog to step back. I found the more I gave verbal commands the more chaos was created. I find it particularily useful for my deaf mini JRT cos I can give a little tug, she feels the chains move and looks up so I can give her a signal.

I dont have the collars on very tight though, I have them so that at their tightest they are fitted like a normal collar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shane1990

do ye no were i could buy one of them colllars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Please do not bump up old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement