Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fear and Anxiety worring about re-locating

• 11-10-2010 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hello,

Some advice would be very helpful....I am planning on moving over to my boyfriend who lives in Wales as soon as I can get a job there, but I lived in London years ago and started having panic attachs which went on for quite a while I had changed jobs and I think they came on with me worring about the new job, at the time I didnt know what was happening but felt I was going crazy, anyway I suffered for a few years with this, had to come home then as it was quite hard with it, had agrophobia then for a while, but struggled through and managed to get myself over it on my own without tablets but as I said was a horrible time and one I would not ever want to go through again.

I have'nt had a panic attach in over 10 years but from time to time when Im worring about my job situation (if im outa work or changing jobs) I can get the anxious feelings coming over me again.

I generally can handle them and they go away.....but as I am putting into plan my move to Wales, I am already starting to feel the anxiety starting all over, and I am really worried I will be a mess and not be able to settle and the panic will start and I won't be able to let myself relax and just go with the whole new change in my life.

Btw I also just lost my mam last year, just when I had met my partner, so that is still in the back of my mind and hasnt been dealt with either.

Can anyone please give me some advice, I want to be strong and be able to make the move and not let these fears take over me, and then me having to come back home, cos even now just thinking of the move makes me feel all anxious....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭theredletter

Do you know think that your emotions are completely natural? I think we'd all feel anxious moving countries. If you haven't had panic attacks in such a long period it looks like you've things over control, but you shouldn't fear the panic, it only feeds it. Get on with things, it looks like you've great things ahead :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sunshine16

Thank you for your reply, yes I know your right everyone would feel this anxiety...I just feel like I am already starting to get all knots in my stomach and my mind keeps thinking about it going through how am I gona feel and trying to tell myself ill be ok, but worrying all these symthoms are the start of it all, I do know I am in control if I keep saying it to myself but will just have to maybe go through these unpleasant feelings until I do settle there. I am going to look into a number of things to help myself, like meditation and that kinda thing to slow myself down and my thoughts so im sure this will be very good for me.

Thank you so much for you input.

Regards.
    Sunshine16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭theredletter

Ah but I get knots in my stomach when I see a sad movie or when something surprises me, it's all natural responses of the body. I wouldn't focus on them too much. If you think you've something physically wrong with you a Doctor would obviously be a safe bet!

Good luck in Wales!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sunshine16

Ok I will take your advice on board. Thanks a mill.

Advertisement