Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning/Daytime drunks...

• 11-10-2010 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

In the last few weeks I've noticed a lot of people wandering about drunk fairly early the morning and it's really starting to bug me. I've got no problem with people having a few pints in the evening but staggering about Rathfarnham/Terenure at 11am on a Monday or Tuesday is a bit much. It's not just scumbag types either.

Anyone else noticed the sudden surge in early morning drunk types?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

What else you gonna do on the dole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

What else you gonna do on the dole?

these are up there with "yore ma" responses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

It's debs season-are they young and dressed up?
    How do you know its not people coming home from the night before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Why does it bug you? Is it because you pay your taxes....etc. And how dare they drink with your money...

Clearly they are really enjoying themselves with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Grimes wrote: »

Yore dole.

Can't say I've noticed them as I'm working. :D

<open can o'worms>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

when i lived in athlone this was a normal occurrence, i remember at approx 9am in tesco one morning the guy in front of him reeked of booze and had 6 cans in his hand, that was 2003

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Could be people who work shift, getting pissed from 7am onwards, when they're finished work for the first time all weekend.

Then again, could be alcholics.

Why let it bug you? Unless they're doing something directly to you.

Do you know what really pisses me off. Homeless people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭The After Hours Troll

Could be people who work shift, getting pissed from 7am onwards, when they're finished work for the first time all weekend.

Then again, could be alcholics.

Why let it bug you? Unless they're doing something directly to you.
    Delicious username friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

go on the few pints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Do you know what really pisses me off. Homeless people.

Yea! Who do they think they are, not having homes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

If its a Monday they may be pillheads who don't realise that it is already Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I actually think the what else are they going to do on the dole comment is fairly on the money. Although it's probably just students.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

WindSock wrote: »
    Why does it bug you? Is it because you pay your taxes....etc. And how dare they drink with your money...

Clearly they are really enjoying themselves with it.

Nah nothing like that. I'm not sure why it bugs me tbh...it just does. If it's their dole money then they're free to spend it on whatever, but maybe keep it indoors?

One lad stopped me to ask the time and he was fairly well spoken but certainly not of debs going age. Probably mid to late 30's? I understand that maybe in certain cases they're going through a rough patch or whatever but getting rat arsed at 11am and falling about the place isn't gonna help the situation now is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Not every works the traditional Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm job.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

There is one in the town where I live now who I've yet to have seen without something like Buckfast under his arm.

Denny M wrote: »
    There is one in the town where I live now who I've yet to have seen without something like Buckfast under his arm.

If he stays drinking that stuff you mightn't be seeing him for long more!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If he stays drinking that stuff you mightn't be seeing him for long more!

Aye, tis pretty awful stuff.

Not every works the traditional Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm job.

I worked nights in a hospital a few years back and i used to have a beer or two in the morning when i'd get home but I wasn't staggering about the place locked out've my mind first thing in the morning...

I love how its grand when students on government funded education get drunk in the afternoon but when homeless people and alcoholics do it we automatically assume these people are dole wasters who couldnt be arsed getting work. A form of undermensch.

• Advertisement

Who is the OP to judge hard working people? Free country n all.

By the way always wanted to be a morning drunk. Putting it on my to do list.

In fairness I have been pissed like that one or two mornings at work. The kids on the bus don't seem to notice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

flyton5 wrote: »
    I understand that maybe in certain cases they're going through a rough patch or whatever but getting rat arsed at 11am and falling about the place isn't gonna help the situation now is it?

Maybe tell them that and they'll stop and straighten themselves out.

I love how its grand when students on government funded education get drunk in the afternoon but when homeless people and alcoholics do it we automatically assume these people are dole wasters who couldnt be arsed getting work. A form of undermensch.

I'm a student, but I've never gone and gotten drunk in the morning/afternoon.

Cheers, nearly forgot about my grant application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Noooooooo... don't dump me in with them.

Who is the OP to judge hard working people? Free country n all.

Yeah he seemed pretty hard working alright.
    WindSock wrote: »
    Maybe tell them that and they'll stop and straighten themselves out.

Sounds like a plan...but on second thoughts i'll just leave it at an observation...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Maybe they are looking for their cars after they got a Taxi home from the pub the previous night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

i've been drunk at 11am - and enjoyed it. nothing like waking up after a great party and immediately hitting the beer, it can be better craic the next day! go on, tell me i'm wrong...anybody?

dont judge me OP...just dont judge me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Shift workers.

Advertisement