Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning/Daytime drunks...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Denny M wrote: »
    I'm a student, but I've never gone and gotten drunk in the morning/afternoon.

you're being a student wrong.

In fairness though OP, why let it affect you, theyre adults, they can do as they please. whats the difference in being drunk at 12 in the day or 12 at night???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

flyton5 wrote: »
    getting rat arsed at 11am and falling about the place
    That's a national sport in the Czech Republic, so they must be Czechs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

Does no one else think its great drinking all day ?
    Those marathon sessions can be really brilliant usually have to get some stimulants going around eight .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Look at this guy - falling around pissed during the day. Someone filmed him from their car. Found it the other day - quite funny:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBS6DhYQ4p4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Any chance they could just be groggy and tired in the morning?

I'd say I look locked when I first leave the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Leave them at it, just because these drunks are happier than you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

Look at this guy - falling around pissed during the day. Someone filmed him from their car. Found it the other day - quite funny:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBS6DhYQ4p4
    That is quite funny but that appears to be late evening on a summers day. He looks like he wasnt planning on drinking could of been spontanous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Jealousy is a bitter twisted mistress OP - be careful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

In the last few weeks I've noticed a lot of people wandering about drunk fairly early the morning and it's really starting to bug me. I've got no problem with people having a few pints in the evening but staggering about Rathfarnham/Terenure at 11am on a Monday or Tuesday is a bit much. It's not just scumbag types either.

Anyone else noticed the sudden surge in early morning drunk types?

Why does it bother you so much, they arent doing anything to you are they ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

its odd, i kinda like them, especially on the luas, always a party, or misery somwhere. but it always perks me up and i have good chats with them.

was on the luas the other day, it was packed with one seat left and a lot of people standing afraid to sit, i sat down and met a lad with 200 euro of weed in his sock (couldnt tell how much ther was really no good with drugs but he certinaly was a bag of somthing in his sock), nice lad, he was 35, recently back from liverpool, where he told me he was claiming under 3 names and an interesting scam involving fake police IDs and prostitutes friend in order to scam men cheating on their wife. his friend however died of deep vein trambosis (?) and it touched him dearly. hi Tommy if your on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

but staggering about Rathfarnham/Terenure at 11am on a Monday or Tuesday is a bit much. It's not just scumbag types either.

I'm in Terenure quite a bit and i have to say you do see a shocking amount of drunks in the area but surprisingly none of them are scumbag types..most of them seem to be people in thier 50's and quite well-to-do looking.

There are two pubs in terenure that always seem to have drunk blokes outside in the daytime..again,fairly posh-looking sorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I've noticed this, they are probably too scared to get out of their drunken stupor in case they realise how crap their life is.

I understand late bars if there is a session on, the same with lock ins. But early bars confuse me, I'd feel like utter crap drinking at like 8 in the morning. There is an early bar on the quays somewhere near the four courts and there is always dodgy looking characters having a smoke with their pint in hand when I'm heading into work in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I just got to about post 6 and replied, so pardon.

Why does it bother you? Because you're sober? Would it help if it was a Friday, and they were wankered at about 11pm?

But then again, what about the sober people on a Friday? Should they feel the same about you?

My "weekends" consist of usually Tuesday and Wednesday. If I'm working nights, why shouldn't I have a beverage or 2 at 8am on a Tuesday morning? And if I consume a little more than I should, and get a little tipsy, should I stay indoors in case I offend you?

Should drinking just be confined to the hours of 7pm Friday to 11pm Sunday night? D'you know its hard enough for people like myself to have a "life" outside work when I'm work ~50 odd hours, with erratic days off and shifts that change weekly because thats the nature of hospitality work.

Advertisement