Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Losing yourself in time

• 11-10-2010 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I find as though time is flying by and even though I just turned 23, im still relatively young but I feel as though im still only 16 or 17 and this isn't just because I get a boner whenever 1 direction pop up on the aul' x factor. I am finished college and I am now thrown into the world and friends have come and gone and time is moving very fast, I want to reach out and grab life by the balls, I want to go all bear grylls and rough it like a motherlicker out in the jungle, I just don't know where life is going to take me. A lot of people say that whats done is done but I have so many good memories so far in my life and I don't want to forget them when I'm too old to talk, I want to relive those moments, see them crystal clear in my mind, savour every breath of the fun times.

Do you ever feel like things are moving way too fast, you just want to slow down time and enjoy the moment? People keep wanting to move ahead, looking forward a few months to something they have planned, like "I cant wait for next summer", I dont want summer to come too fast, thats just the way I feel. So here's the question, have your memories been lost in time? Are things moving too fast?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

not fast enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭The After Hours Troll

i don't know the xfactor group names but when you mentioned 1 direction I thought of the group of really camp, gay men with fake tan.

then I thought: you duurty boy.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I find as though time is flying by and even though I just turned 23, im still relatively young but I feel as though im still only 16 or 17 and this isn't just because I get a boner whenever 1 direction pop up on the aul' x factor. I am finished college and I am now thrown into the world and friends have come and gone and time is moving very fast, I want to reach out and grab life by the balls, I want to go all bear grylls and rough it like a motherlicker out in the jungle, I just don't know where life is going to take me. A lot of people say that whats done is done but I have so many good memories so far in my life and I don't want to forget them when I'm too old to talk, I want to relive those moments, see them crystal clear in my mind, savour every breath of the fun times.

Do you ever feel like things are moving way too fast, you just want to slow down time and enjoy the moment? People keep wanting to move ahead, looking forward a few months to something they have planned, like "I cant wait for next summer", I dont want summer to come too fast, thats just the way I feel. So here's the question, have your memories been lost in time? Are things moving too fast?

I got to about here and pissed myself laughing for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Great News OP. It only get faster with each passing year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

I want to reach out and grab life by the balls, I want to go all bear grylls and rough it like a motherlicker out in the jungle,

Dont let how the world knows you, stop you from achieving your goals however out of reach they may seem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

It doesn't get any slower...

I'm 40 something and still feel 16 or 17.....

I don't do the boner thing .... that's probably cos I'm female! :D

So don't wait for the world to slow down for you...

Just do it now.... and enjoy it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Buy a DeLorean and visit your nearest Doctor, who you'll now refer to as "Doc", and all your time related problems shall be solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I'm 16... feel about 11, but I'm really so old! Life is passing me by!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'm 31 on Wednesday. The last year has rocketed by. Still, I'm enjoying myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Superbus wrote: »
    Get your hands of the 11 year old and step away......dirty old boy....:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Superbus wrote: »

A bus passes you by, not life.
    Life is there, always has been, it's just waiting for you to catch up and grab it by the balls and never let it go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Yep arms happened to me 2 - ever since i left school the years have flown in - A lad i worked with was 40 and he said 20 till 40 flys in so unless u want to be living at home at 40 and still a virgin i'd suggest live life to the fullest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

bonerm wrote: »
    Great News OP. It only get faster with each passing year.
    So ****in true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

have a lie in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ziggy says there's a 94.5% chance you need a good long **** in the bath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Live it while you can OP. If you're bothered about remembering it, keep a diary/blog/take photos etc. The time going faster thing ? It only gets worse as the years progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'm about your age OP, and I agree completely about the last few years flying by faster every time. I chatted to my Dad about it a while back and it doesn't get any slower. I should seriously start living like I want to. I'm wasting away DEAR GOD. Sorry! Sorry Sorry...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Take loads of pictures of your friends and family. I've none and I really regret it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Take heroin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Back in my day you had to walk barefoot in the snow for miles just to say lol at someone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I agree, 18 to 23 went way too fast. My 21st only feels like a year ago.

Some food for thought: I remember when I was 18 at my grand mother's funeral I heard a few old folks (70ish) talking about when my grand-dad had died and how it only felt like 4 years ago. He died a year before I was born :eek: It will get worse as time goes by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Yeah I'm 23 and feel the same. Think I'll fúck off to the rainforest or some shít and build a fort. Maybe I'll have a monkey butler...I'll see how it goes.

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    I agree, 18 to 23 went way too fast. My 21st only feels like a year ago.

Doesn't have the same effect when it was really only 2 years ago... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

whats depressing is that the people who are 18 now were born in the mid 90s. fml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

foxinsox wrote: »
    It doesn't get any slower...

I'm 40 something and still feel 16 or 17.....

I don't do the boner thing .... that's probably cos I'm female! :D

So don't wait for the world to slow down for you...

Just do it now.... and enjoy it! :)

I'm 40 and still feel 16 or 17 and definitely do the boner thing.

When do we meet?

Just do me now.... and enjoy it!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Life moves all too fast. Thank the boring mindless monotony that is the rat race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 flashhill

Yes I am in my very early 20s but feel 18, am finished college now and working cant believe its November as not going back in September was a change!
    I think it is because at 18 it’s a big mile stone and you can basically do anything you want after that!
    I got asked by a bouncer what age I was the other night had to think for a minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I'm back in work after 3 amazing weeks, went back up to Dublin for a week to hang out with friends, this included going out for Halloween and my Graduation which was great then my girlfriend came up to Dublin and we flew out from Dublin to Egypt for 2 weeks in the sun, quad biking in the desert, snorkelling and scuba diving on a red sea cruise, camel ride and desert safari in the sinai desert, swim in the blue hole in dahab and cairo, it was really what I needed, back home now and I'm already preparing my next trip away for next summer :)

Advertisement