Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T.G.I. Friday's mashed potatos?

Options
  • 11-10-2010 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

These people make the best ever mashed spuds i've ever had!

Does anyone have a clone receipe? I can't find anything about them on the web. As far as I can remember, they had grated cheese running through them, and spring onions on top! Oh pure spud creamy deliciousness! MmMmMmM!! :D

Help me please!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes (similar to TGI Friday's)

2 lbs. red potatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
    1 teaspoon salt for water
    2 oz. garlic butter
    1/3 cup heavy cream
    4 oz. aged white cheddar or jack cheese, shredded

Wash potatoes and bring to a boil in salted water. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes until potatoes are soft. Drain potatoes well.

Place back in pot or in a mixing bowl. Add cheese, cream, garlic butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Beat until smooth with a whisk or potato masher.

Garlic Butter:
    Saute 1 teaspoon minced garlic in 1 tablespoon oil for about 2 minutes until softened. Mix with room temp butter and 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mash with lots of cream, butter and cheese

Advertisement