Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DEPARTURES - THE VOYAGE (Looking for tickets?)

Options
  • 11-10-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just found out about this event. It's sold out :(

anyone have a few tickets for me to purchase ?

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 katsuas

also looking for 3 tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Never heard of this what is it, a play ??

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Milly33 wrote: »
    Never heard of this what is it, a play ??

Is a large boat (The Julia)taking on 1500 people, 40 bands and street performers then it's heading out to international waters for a few hours where it's legal to drink all night long....

Not sure if it's going to go ahead tho, I've been hearing things like the insurance company are a bit sketchy about it etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Haha my bad (Is it a Play)...I never heard of this now....Would be a great fun though, something differant to do...

If I hear of any I shall let ye know

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Bill-e wrote: »
    Is a large boat (The Julia)taking on 1500 people, 40 bands and street performers then it's heading out to international waters for a few hours where it's legal to drink all night long....

Not sure if it's going to go ahead tho, I've been hearing things like the insurance company are a bit sketchy about it etc...

Brittany Ferries did that for a few years until the Department of the Marine slapped a bill for 10K on the event.

• Advertisement

Safety talks continue over ferry music fest

10/14/2010 - 2:04:57 PM

MVJuliaRichardMillsINTERNAL.jpg

Conerns about a mini music festival on board the MV Julia Cork-Swansea ferry remained under discussion today.

Fastnet Lines, which owns the vessel, had rented the boat to promoter Ian Morrissey, who has organised a 40-act music event called ‘Departures — the Voyage’, for October 23.

The acts will perform in three venues on the ship over an 11-hour period. It will leave Ringaskiddy at 8pm and return at 7am the following morning.

Advertisements declares that the vessel will sail to international waters, ‘where no rules apply’.

Around 900 people have bought tickets, however gardaí received a number of calls from concerned parents and although they have no power to stop the event, they contacted the Department of the Marine to ask for a risk assessment of the vessel for health and safety.

The board of Fastnet Lines is to determine if the event should go ahead.

Article courtesy of The Evening Echo newspaper.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm seeing on Facebook that it's been cancelled, according to a girl who phoned them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Yep in the Echo, page 2, tiny piece.

Kinda stupid actually, not like it's really much more dangerous than drinking in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What is it with events planned in Cork never happening even after tickets have been sold?

Last year there was the UCC SU thing in the Showgrounds and that other thing organised by those clowns in Bishopstown without even contacting the Gardai

Personally I think this could be dodgy, all it takes is one drunken fool to fall off the deck and there is not a hope of saving him, maybe if there was a way people could be kept inside, perhaps with a smoking area on an upper deck where there is no low railings

They must have known this would happen.

Maybe they made some money off the interest of the money they had for however long they had it or something? Prob not...

• Advertisement

I wonder is it the same few clowns always trying this ****

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I expect that it's not a safety issue that has stalled this.

I imagine they were informed that they weren't licenced fir this type of traffic and the licence fee turned potential profit into loss.

The safety arguments are to save face by enabling them to blame other people.

The Obtoberfest Beag was another farce as well - moving from a massive marquee to pokey City Limits.

I have to say tho that the October fest was amazing fun in the city limits!
    Had 2 of the best nights I've had out in this town in a year or so.

Some thing happening in Rochestown now instead of this, will believe it when I see it, "major dj" playing there apparently, which probably means they haven't booked anyone yet

Advertisement