Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nomos / Stowa / Botta / Zenith ... alternatives?

• 11-10-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi all,

I really like the clean look of the abovementioned watches, and with The Big Four-Oh coming up fast I'm looking around for possibilities. I was looking at the Christopher Ward Malverns too, but they're a little too self-consciously classic I think...

I love the idea of an automatic, but (if I'm honest with myself) a good quartz will do me just as well. I have a Seiko 5 Automatic and it kinda bugs me when I have not been wearing it and then have to set time, date, AND day ;-)

I want a daily wearer, one that I can change the straps on. I don't have huge wrists so I'd like to keep it under 40mm.

As I won't be buying it myself I'd like to keep the price under €500 (bye bye Zeniths!)

So does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives or has my browsing been too successful?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

why you don't have a look at the Glycine?
    http://www.glycine-watch.ch/e/collection/collection.e.jsp

there are many models with a price range from 300 to 1500 euro.
    I have an Incursore and it is a faaantaaastic watch (with a Unitas very similar to the one Panerai has in many ultra expensive models), but i think it's too big for you (43mm).
    Bear in mind that the new price list is coming out so the prices are going up and up so don't wait long time if you want to take one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭merc230ce

Hmm... I see a theme here... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭merc230ce

thanks Bedlam, will check them out.

I hadn't actually spotted that there was a cheaper Stowa (without the blued hands, damn ;-), and I think you might be right about the 365 being too small - it'd probably be worth going the few quid extra to get the 39mm...

S.

Advertisement