Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why I doubt Mary Byrne will get much further and why they're allowing Irish people to

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

laugh wrote: »
    It would be a bit of a joke to sell the program to an Irish audience and continue to not allow them to vote.

Exactly, and this whole thread is a completely rubbish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Exactly, and this whole thread is a completely rubbish

It would not be a joke because that's what they did for the last couple of years. If it would be a joke this year, then why was it not a joke last year? :confused: They sold it to the Irish public just fine for the past couple of years without allowing them to vote, why should this year be so special? :confused: I think YOUR posts are rubbish.

I'm not saying that it was the full reason they wanted the Irish to vote, but it could have played a significant part, and pushed them over the edge to allow the Irish to vote. It could have been part of the incentive. If there was another Jedward type act instead of Mary Byrne, they would NOT allow the Irish to vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dudeitshurley

If there was another Jedward type act instead of Mary Byrne, they would NOT allow the Irish to vote.

if anything it's the exact opposite of the above. Simon probably realised the missed opportunity revenue wise with Jedward and implemented it for this year. In fact, if there were another Irish Jedward type act it'd just make him more keen to allow the irish vote.

Look we are able to vote for this year for ONE reason alone - it's in simons interests. Why it wasnt in his interests before now is probably best answered by projections, calculations, costs etc. As much as his comments have become lame this season, the man himself is sharp as a razor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

if anything it's the exact opposite of the above. Simon probably realised the missed opportunity revenue wise with Jedward and implemented it for this year. In fact, if there were another Irish Jedward type act it'd just make him more keen to allow the irish vote.

Look we are able to vote for this year for ONE reason alone - it's in simons interests. Why it wasnt in his interests before now is probably best answered by projections, calculations, costs etc. As much as his comments have become lame this season, the man himself is sharp as a razor.

I hear what you're saying but you can't seriously think that they consider it irrelevant who gets through? If it wasn't Jedward, it would have been an English act that was getting the votes instead, and make the X-Factor back to a somewhat legitimate singing contest. Jedward only appeals to small children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Not a good move singing same song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

After last night I now tend to agree with the OP. Mary is in BIG trouble tonight and could be shown the door....but, having said that, I still do not believe the X Factor would allow Irish people to vote just because there is an Irish person on it, they are allowing them to vote because of the problems and complaints lodged last year when people couldn't vote for Jedward...or were using illegal means to do so...

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Kaiser2000 wrote: »

After all, we had an "Irish" interest in it last year with Jedward (I know, I know.. but bear with me! :p) and yet we couldn't vote then. As far as I remember though, we could vote a few years ago and then they stopped it - anyone know why?

as far as i can remember it goes back to the last year we were allowed vote for Big Brother, there were problems with overcharging and votes from Ireland not registering so Offcom put a stop to voting from outside the UK for all programmes

Advertisement