Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Consumer show

Options
  • 11-10-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭

I've been told that this show (The Consumer Show) will be doing a short piece on the broadband situation in Ireland.
    Should be on Monday night 11th October at 8:30pm. May even be some familiar faces on it with a bit of luck.

It might be a good idea to make some noise about the lack of broadband and the poor service and speeds here. Let them know what you think.

I'd say the piece is completed by now but no harm in making some noise.
    It should be fairly generic and uncontroversial...

http://www.rte.ie/tv/theconsumershow/index.html

Monday night 20:30 RTE1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

bealtine wrote: »
    I've been told that this show (The Consumer Show) will be doing a short piece on the broadband situation in Ireland.
    Should be on Monday night 11th October at 8:30pm. May even be some familiar faces on it with a bit of luck.

Monday night 20:30 RTE1

Minor change...

The piece will be on the last show on the 25th October. The same time, same place and same channel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Penrose

Broadband penetration is so low because we do not take initiative in this country in regards to technology. While we were building homes other countries were building their infrastructure.

Penrose wrote: »
    Broadband penetration is so low because we do not take initiative in this country in regards to technology. While we were building homes other countries were building their infrastructure.

Based on exactly the same EU directives Finland saw fit to make broadband a legal right to every citizen of that country. They also have planned to rollout fibre to within a few kilometres of every citizen.

We get the damned NBS instead, at best a stopgap measure at worst a complete technological deadend and a complete waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭clohamon

bealtine wrote: »
    It should be fairly generic and uncontroversial...

You had me at "generic"… but when I read its "uncontroversial" too….. well that's a perfect storm; count me in!

I'll get the Pringles and Grafenwalder.

clohamon wrote: »
    You had me at "generic"… but when I read its "uncontroversial" too….. well that's a perfect storm; count me in!

I'll get the Pringles and Grafenwalder.

I'd prefer a nice French red thanks:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement